catching a snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanrumler

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
hey guys just curious on how to catch a carpet out of my roof,i own a female at the moment and i herd a few knocks lat night above my room.i gt up there thismorning and there was snake poo up there.being a snake lover i had to get up and have a look around.found skin which measured the length of my wall and was round as hell so hes a big bugger.i think he possibly is trying to fid my snake "molly" whatdo yous think?by the looks of things he has been up there for a wile there is alot of poo up there and mean alot.mum said i have toget it out of there and take it out bush cause she has a little rat dog haha and she thinks it will eat them.any ideas on some form of harmell trap?thanks guys :)

hey buddy. Best thing to do is call a snake relocater.

It would be better to get a professional to catch it. Couple of reasons it's in a confined space (roof) if you didn't know how to catch it properly you could hurt the snake or yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you in qld call tony harrison he lives on the coast and is a professional snake catcher

Hey tony won't go to Brisbane most likely, been around him a bit and Ye probe wouldn't be keen but best to Google Brisbane snake catchers.
But you could ring tony and he might have some numbers for you

If you ring him tell him little Scott put you onto him
Cheers

Last edited:
Problem with calling a catcher as they will come out and may not be able to locate the python.
Id just do a bit of spotlighting of an evening and see if u can spot it, a cold snake is easyer to pick up then a heated up one especially in a roof lol.
Years ago i made a trap to catch an escaped diamond python in the roof, was basically a mesh crab trap with a smaller cage inside it with a live rat inside for bait...worked for my purpose and caught the snake...but wouldnt recommend for a large python.
If your not confident on grabbing and handling a wild carpet then try and track down a local whos experienced and willing to go up in your roof at night and catch it for u.

Yeah call a professional and get hit with a professional price :lol:

If it's big and you really don't know what you're doing you might not have a choice. Surely someone here lives around your area who can help?

Unless you got a colony of rats In in your roof, he's producing that ****zer from an outside source, sus out the the entry/exit, block it when he's out' and bobs yer uncle....:)

Hey cockney red,

That's all good blocking it's entry but what happens if it decides to eat the mothers dog, poor ryanrumler will have a squeaky voice for weeks after his mother strings him up by the balls!!!!

Wally,cha cha cha,wally,cha cha cha,wally go.just make sure it doesn't turn into find wally.don't get hurt and don't hurt the snake,but your safety is always to be put first.and who wants to see their little 'ratdogs' get eaten....not your balls.hahahahahahahahahhaahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back