Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coastalboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. im just making a new post to See what everyone thinks about Woma's. I will admit im only a beginner reptile keeper as iv only got 1 Coastal Carpet Python at the moment. he/she's about 4ft.

I am considering to get a Woma or BHP.

but just seeing if they would be right for me? Can some experienced Reptile Keepers out there help me out.?

cheers, thanks for taking time to look at my thread.

bhp's fore shore. this thread has been done lots by the way.

hey man depends on what you like better i prefer womas hands down... but i would'nt say i wont ever get a bhp:) and space a adult bhp would need a larger tank than the womas...

all good, im pretty sure ive done it before, just letting you know.
woma is a nice snake that doesnt get nowhere near the same size as a bhp.
its up to you they behave the same way, both got good feeding response.

one has a black head one has a orange head is another difference you may take into consideration :p

oh ok nice. my coastal at the moment has a very placid feeding response. not as good as i would want it but at least he/she still eat's. Im only asking this as the Gold Coast Reptile Expo is coming up and im getting idea's :D thanks everyone who has posted so far. :D

cheers

How could you resist this face ;)........ its not the best photo nor is it the one i was thinking of when i was reading this thread. but oh well :)

male bh.jpg

or look at the my avatar pic.... :)

What Do you prefer a orange head-Blackhead,from owning both they are GREAT feeders,my personal choice is Blackhead.It all depends on size you like also,as Blackheads grow larger then Womas (SA Womas do get big thou).

Last edited:
i got a woma at the moment from inthegrass on here great placid snake except around feeding time than its a demon. i have to say both are great, size wise woma if you want something bit smaller but a bhp is next on my list great snake.comes down to what your able to get and what you want, if space is a issue than woma as enclosure size and snake size.bhp if you got the room and comfortable with larger species.

Size and Enclosure doesn't matter as i have my own snake room. :D and i will be saving about $1000 just for the snake and about $500 for enclosure. I will be buying it from the Gold Coast Reptile Expo in July this year. :) I want a yearling or something around that. :D how are the temperaments on them both????

cheers

black heads are big show ponies. They hiss and puff up and head butt but rarely bite. but.....they still can of course. I think when my girl gets a bit bigger, im expecting to be biten. She is not a nice girl but my male on the other hand is an absolute puppy

Temperament is an individual thing, not a species thing...

Go the woma! I got one recently and he's awesome!

By the way, are you from Vic? You look like someone I know from there but it's hard to tell cos your avatar is so small lol.

haha, thanks Pinoy. and nah im from QLD. it's weird apparently i look like alot of people :S SCARY much haha. I am more going towards the BHP at the moment. but i might just get both haha. :D

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back