Lizard ID please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smigga

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was just over a friends house and they had this dragon, but didn't know what sort it is. I thought maybe Painted Dragon but could someone with more knowledge than I, give a definitive answer?
Cheers,
Smig
P1030715.jpg
pencil.png

Can you crop the background out and post the highest resolution possible?
If not you may have to answer some questions to get a positive ID. Can you examine the specimen?

It looks like a juvenile or female, so colours and patterns are subdued.

Does it have a row of enlarged scales curving under each eye? (Ctenophorus sp.)
Does it have small pale tubercles scattered on its flanks?

Can you tell us where was it found, as this will certainly help?

Last edited:
Just got them to send me some close up pics as i dont know how to crop and increase resolution.
P1030718.jpgP1030717.jpgP1030719.jpg
pencil.png

Can you crop the background out and post the highest resolution possible?
If not you may have to answer some questions to get a positive ID. Can you examine the specimen?

It looks like a juvenile or female, so colours and patterns are subdued.

Does it have a row of enlarged scales curving under each eye? (Ctenophorus sp.)
Does it have small pale tubercles scattered on its flanks?

Can you tell us where was it found, as this will certainly help?

It was found in the Adelaide Hills

To me it looks like a Female Ctenophorus Pictus.

Yeh but it's head looks to pointed in the pics, I know you keep/kept them, and so have I, its patterning looks to dull as well, but could be different location.
The tank it looks like he's being kept in by the looks of it is one of those 1 foot cubes with the fake rock bottom with the built in hide, which is way to small for a dragon that active, and it he dose'nt know the species then it probably is not licensed?.

Sorry first pic was a bit misleading to me with those close up pics it definaterly looks more like a juvie C. Pictus

Last edited:
Rocket is spot on young Tawny Dragon

Definately a juvenile Tawny Crevice Dragon. The species is quite common in the Adelaide Hills so say my contacts over that way.

wild dragons probly wouldnt make good pets.. they just 'play dead' when picked up n stressed IMO. tell him to get a beardy :)

By the looks of him you should probably give them some advice on diet, and might also be worthwhile mentioning UVB or giving them a caresheet if theyre not going to release it

i have never seen one,but then i have never gone actually looking before either.very cute little dude.i love dragons of all types,just something about their grumpy looks.and yeh,somebody make that dude a sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back