Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's a fairly big difference, thanks Yommy.

The missus said last night that she'd like to get another snake, so now it's just a matter of convincing her that a roughie is the way to go and I'll be set!

Last edited:
honesty i am a massive woma fan but you can't go wrong with a RSP for sure.

If she won't get a roughie defineatly get a woma :)

Yeah she wasn't keen on the idea of getting a snake at all when I first brought it up, as she had (possibly still has) a bit of a fear of snakes. But with persistance she eventually gave it the green light and we got a Tanami Woma back at the start of February. He's been fantastic and now the missus has no trouble with him at all, she confident and calm with him, so it's helped with her fear too. I was gonna get a bredli but did my research and once I read up about womas there was no other option for me.
I reckon the same thing has happened with roughies, I initially wanted a jungle for our second snake but having read up about these guys I reckon I want a rough scaled as much as I wanted a woma!
Won't happen for a while, as we want to make sure we are capable of looking after one, let alone two snakes but once we are then I'll be on roughie lookout for sure!

Yeah she wasn't keen on the idea of getting a snake at all when I first brought it up, as she had (possibly still has) a bit of a fear of snakes. But with persistance she eventually gave it the green light and we got a Tanami Woma back at the start of February. He's been fantastic and now the missus has no trouble with him at all, she confident and calm with him, so it's helped with her fear too. I was gonna get a bredli but did my research and once I read up about womas there was no other option for me.
I reckon the same thing has happened with roughies, I initially wanted a jungle for our second snake but having read up about these guys I reckon I want a rough scaled as much as I wanted a woma!
Won't happen for a while, as we want to make sure we are capable of looking after one, let alone two snakes but once we are then I'll be on roughie lookout for sure!

Good stuff womas and RSP are my favourite, you think womas are relaxed my RSP is the most placid snake i've ever owned in over 20 years of keeping, they make a great new addition to any collection.
As for adding to your collection i've always ask for forgiveness then permission for my purchases :) and i've put together a nice collection over the years :) i'm always in it the depth just varies :) but i must say, i do have an understanding wife, most times.........................

Good stuff womas and RSP are my favourite, you think womas are relaxed my RSP is the most placid snake i've ever owned in over 20 years of keeping, they make a great new addition to any collection.

I'll second that yommy - go the womas and RSP :) My little RSP is really placid as well. I'll get some pics on the weekend to put up.

Loving these pics, nice animals. What are they like to keep?

as easy as any other python, probably easier :) But being a climber and percher supply branches etc. i have a vertical heat gradient rather then a horizontal as the cage is tall.
mine spends 1/2 the time perching and climbing and the other 1/2 of time on cage floor.
i hear they can be fussy eaters but all my friends that have them, and myself included have RSP that are pigs when it comes to feeding.

Thanks for that yommy :) I like their eyes, very pretty... I like their teeth too, as long as they keep them in their mouth :D

lol i haven't even seen the famous threat display as mine are so content.
One thing that will suprise you is there strike range the 1st time you feed them. Tongs are a must :)
and the ability they have to strike with their mouth almost 180' wide. Almost a flip flop head like that tooth paste ad on tv :)

lol i haven't even seen the famous threat display as mine are so content.
One thing that will suprise you is there strike range the 1st time you feed them. Tongs are a must :)
and the ability they have to strike with their mouth almost 180' wide. Almost a flip flop head like that tooth paste ad on tv :)

Lol, I have some tongs, but I'll be getting longer ones for my olive when he gets bigger, he's very enthusiastic about his food but he isn't very accurate when he strikes. Certainly don't want to cop those teeth when he's an adult. They definitely look like the people on the reach toothpaste add haha

just thought id get this thread back up with pics of my new rsp from swampie

Attachments

• IMG_1428.jpg
    IMG_1428.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1427.jpg
    IMG_1427.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 211
3aa9b901-c7b4-ab0f.jpg
our new lil girl Emery we got from snake ranch bout 3 weeks ago absolutely love her :)

this little one shed the other day.....

Attachments

• rsp 1.JPG
    rsp 1.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 214
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back