What Makes You Proud To Be Australian?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proud to be Australian. Bliss n Eso, our fauna and fauna. The fact that everyone wants to come to Australia! ILY Australia

Here's an Aussie poem for ya (an oldie, but a goody:lol:)

Of Course I Love Ya Darlin'
Your'e A Bloody Top Notch Bird
And When I Say Yer Gorgeous
I Mean Every Single Word

So Ya Bum Is On The Big Side
I Don't Mind A Bit Of Flab
It Means That When I'm Ready
There's Somethin There To Grab

So Your Belly Isn't Flat No More
I Tell Ya, I Don't Care
So Long As When I Cuddle Ya
I Get Me Arms Around There

No Sheila Who Is Your Age
Has Nice Round Perky Breasts
They Just Gave Inta Gravity
But I Know Ya Did Ya Best

I'm Tellin Ya The Truth Now
I Never Tell Ya Lies
I Think Its Very Sexy
That You Got Dimples On Ya Thighs

I Swear On Me Nanna's Grave Now
The Moment That We Met
I Thought U Was As Good As
I Was Ever Gonna Get

No Matter Wot U Look Like
I'll Always Love Ya Dear
Now Shut Up While The Footy's On
And Grab Another Beer

Not as eloquent as longqi's, but still pretty good :D

I wouldn't say proud, but I love our -

Beautiful beaches. Wonderful scenery.
Our unique animals. Our lifestyle.
Our freedom. The weather.
The dawn service on Anzac day.
The Australia Day bbq we have at our place every year.
Great Aussie bands/artists.

i would say proud that there are still so many people turning up to anzac day, a day remembering those lost (and returned) all fighting wars that werent ours to begin with....
sorta like you'd help a mate if he was getting attacked lol
just living everyday in our beautiful country

After growing up and spending most of my adult life in Canada I can truly say of the many many things I love about being in this country and being an Australian is the quality of life we have here...
+ The weather is fantastic. :D
+ I especially appreciate the road laws and how strict they are here compared to Canada!! :D
+ the beauty of this country no matter where you go.
+ The laid back attitudes we have here are the best! We are so relaxed here .....and cannot forget footie! (which begins soon, gotta go!) ;)

well i guess we all have something to look forward to then :)

I like how we have all types of climate and landforms here. We have desert and rainforest, beaches and snowfields, Sand islands and massive water ways. Coral reefs.... we have it all right here. We live in an ancient land of HUGE world heritage significance from one end to the other. We have world class waves, we have outrageous cities and we have cosy comfortable little country villages.

And where else can we go to a good ole backyard barbie, where the cook gets smashed, spews everywhere and burns the **** out of the sausages. : )

This thread actually got me thinking for once.(you can hear the gears turning)and to say why i am a proud aussie.and lets all be honest some of our history aint that great.

i am proud of our boys and girls fighting in different conflicts around the world,seperated from family,loved ones and mates.

I am proud of what the word 'mate" means in this country.

i am proud that we help each other up in times of crisis and hardship,be it flood,fire,drought or plagues.

i am proud of the farmer who gets up every morning and keeps working the land,the spirit alive.

the sound of the kookaburra,lawns being mowed on sunday arvo,footy and the suppoters who are just crazy,the sounds of mustering,dust in my clothes,a cold beer on a hot day with mates,aussie hiphop,the rush of the city and the calm of the outback make up the sounds of aussie pride......oh and don't forget the dog n ute.

I think I can some it up for me with a scenario... its when a guy I used to work with turned to me and said..

"yeh I got a $5000 personal loan to go over seas on a holiday but I didn't end up goin cos I went to the arie and had the best weekend of my life... man you shoulda seen it.. I was throwin money around like it was never gonna run out.... just shoutin who ever was at the bar... throwin 50s in the pokies like they had herpies.. I was livin like a pimp....... I dunno.. sometimes I just dont think before I do stuff ay..."

I miss that kid... he was alright.. :D

Im proud of out reptiles, our dogs, our food etc etc but most importantly,
OUR BEER... :)

Pride for our scientists that come up with ground-breaking discoveries.

Deep love for the beautiful plants, flowers and animals, as well as our natural landscapes.

Thankfulness that I was born here in freedom and relative affluence when billions of people around the world were not so lucky.

Astonishment that there has so far only been one mention of sport that I counted.

Last edited:
I like the fact that I can hate or love every one of the things listed here if I want and still be an Aussie. In fact more so because of it.

What makes me proud, some boofhead in a speed boat climbing onto a floating whale carcass and patting white pointers as they come to feed. Someone idiot being carried away on a stretcher at the running of the bulls giving a thumbs up and smiling to the camera while wearing his Aussie t shirt. A VC recipient going to see his brother perform at the Australian Ballet and admiring what he does.

wouldn't say im proud to be an australian BUT i feel blessed to be able to say...thats native to australia

here is a few Quotes that i like and sums my answer up:

Bear Grills calls it Man Vs. Wild - in Australia we just call it camping!

;) to be an Australian is to be someone's mate, to have a beer and enjoy a barbie, to wave the flag, to hug a Koala. Stand by and be Proud!

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos, and Holden Cars...Welcome to Australia, please make yourself at home

I am definitely proud to be Australian :D

here is a few Quotes that i like and sums my answer up:

Bear Grills calls it Man Vs. Wild - in Australia we just call it camping!

;) to be an Australian is to be someone's mate, to have a beer and enjoy a barbie, to wave the flag, to hug a Koala. Stand by and be Proud!

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos, and Holden Cars...Welcome to Australia, please make yourself at home

I am definitely proud to be Australian :D

well said. Absolutely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back