Very unusual elapid i had to ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how much these all black and white ones sell for in captivity or are they kept and traded among certain groups without the chance for most to purchase them?

i'm not sure of the age i never asked, but it was a decent sized animal, i'd say around 1.4m-1.5m

This one was referred to as a "blue" belly

This one isnt owned by me, but took the pics of it earlier this year...

P1150219.jpg

P1150217.jpg

P1150216.jpg

thats exactly what i wanted to see thanksmate,that is also very robust like the one in original post

Anyone know how much these all black and white ones sell for in captivity or are they kept and traded among certain groups without the chance for most to purchase them?

that animal only looks like that prior to sloughing, it is usually a pink belly!

The white one is sloughing, they all go like that when theyre sloughing.
Very pretty animals.
tn_IMG_0114-1.jpg

I've seen one in real life, they're seriously amazing animals... Absolutely stunning! Would have to be close to my favourite snake...

There are pics of another one on APS, of a live, young one... It has changed hands since the thread was made though... And got older since... lol.

Last edited:
Beautiful looking snake, sorry that it had to go the way it did.

RIP snake and pup.

i'm not sure of the age i never asked, but it was a decent sized animal, i'd say around 1.4m-1.5m

This one was referred to as a "blue" belly

o sorry dude i thought you kn
ew what i meant that wasnt what i was looking for thats a Pseudechis guttatus,blue bellied black snake,they differ to Pseudechis porphyriacus.
The scale count is different and they are an oviparous (egg laying) species while Pseudechis porphyriacus is an ovivaparous it retains soft eggs that develop inside mother and ae born when ready to emerge from membranous sacs

The white one is sloughing, they all go like that when theyre sloughing.
Very pretty animals.
tn_IMG_0114-1.jpg

that has a red belly though

cheers for the correction mate, ven's are something that i dont know alot about, am only just really starting to get into that side of the hobby and i have alot to learn.

Awesome looking snake.
There was one for sale earlier this year. I wanted to buy it but it was already sold.
Can't remeber how much, but I'm broke and could afford it. Not too much more than a normal.

DSC_6741.jpgDSC_6737.jpg
pencil.png

This is one of my boys, we have a few girls like it too. We also have Blue Bellied Black Snakes (Pseudechis guttatus) Spotted Blacks as some people know them that are jet black, so it could be easy for someone who didn't know better to call my red belly a blue belly!

Last edited:
View attachment 197671View attachment 197670
pencil.png

This is one of my boys, we have a few girls like it too. We also have Blue Bellied Black Snakes (Pseudechis guttatus) Spotted Blacks as some people know them that are jet black, so it could be easy for someone who didn't know better to call my red belly a blue belly!

He looks hot, seeing that he is blue, do those flecks of grey become red after a shed? Any pics?
Looks similar to the one that was for sale earlier this year....if you are considering selling any like it, let me know.
Cheers for sharing.

There is no red on this guy or any of the girls from the same area, they beautiful!

yea thanks for sharing that sean,that is what i was intersted to see,colour variations in the species with the least diversion in colour variation there is.
And what a shy and beautiful friend is Pseudechis porphyriacus.

nice one, shame the dog got it! theres an area up on the hawkesbury river i frequent from time to time where i see some very dark coloured snakes. the red bellies up there are very similar to this. also seen diamonds that have been near all black. there was a couple of browns i seen over summer that were very dark too. its an area that covers 3 valleys about 8kms x 5kms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back