Fan Heaters for enclosure use

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motman440

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Just snooping around in the rspca shop website for a few bit and pieces and came across these fan heaters. Seem to use hallogens loaded up with a fan behind.

Fan Heater, Low Voltage by Kongs - RSPCA

Theyre saying it will help create temperature gradients, while i think it would be the opposite.

Could be handy in those cold places to increase ambient temperature though

Get back to Me!

I haven't used them but from discussion here before they are only good for desert reptiles as they dry the air out to much for anything else. I don't know if if would create a gradient or just make all the air hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used them and they do create a small gradient but the big negative i found was their drying potential. for desert loving animals they are great, for other species it tends to dry them out.
It also dries all water sources due to the warm breeze it creates.
I used it for baby beardies and they loved it, it was ok as i sprayed them everyday so there was no water in the tank.

wow. really should searched before starting up a new thread. Me and my ignorance haha.
I like my methods. If it aint broke dont fix it is the approach

I used them about 18months ago, I gave them a good run (approx 10months), I found them noisey, but a had a failure one of the "Reptile One" models, the bearing sized up in the fan causing smoke and very close to a fire, lucky I was home at the time, they were on a thermostat as well.
Personally I wouldn't use them.
Now I use Habastat Heat panels.

i had one but got rid of it quicksmart. it made yodas enclosure really hot

i just changed my fan heat about three days ago, i found it to be insufficient, noisy, it doesn't cope well with being turned on and off all the time by thermostat, and only directs heat straight down, highest temp i got was about 32 degrees with a 50w bulb. i am now using a red 100w heat globe its MUCH better. IMO not worth it.

yeh. I've always been a fan of infra red and night bulbs. Preferably on a dimming thermostat. work for me

wait a minute.....i just realised a dimming thermo doesn't actually turn the light off it sends less power to lower heat correct??

habistat is the go if your looking to grab one. Only thing with dimming thermostats is theres a 40W minimum load.

ohk yeh that should be fine, what type of snake did you want the fan heater for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back