Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm ok then i guess ill be still getting a spotted then, maybe ill just try and get a female for their slightly larger size, maybe someday ill get a bigger python as a second, anyways thanks everyone for your help, and one more question, heat cord or heat mat? and how do you use cord? cheers

personally im not a big fan of womas, thats just me tho, aslo i would love to go somewhere that i can see and possibly hold a variety of pythons just so i can actually see in real life which i like best instead of just deciding from pictures, anywhere on the sunshine coast i could go to do that? thanks
come to the Gold Coast reptile expo and there is a good chance to see most up and close

Your only option would be an anteresia or woma, or if you could put the enclosure on its side maybe a small locale of jungle or a GTP. Otherwise you will have the inevitable enclosure upgrade. Personally i would never let enclosure size limit my snake choices, but i guess that's easy for me to say...hahaha

Last edited:
Don't Darwins get to about 2metres? So by "the enclosure should be half as long as the snake and half as wide as the length" rule, wouldn't the enclosure he's talking about be just about big enough?

yes i would love to get a blonde spotted but i would just have to find a cheaper one, probly wont be able to afford one for few months still, aslo have to sort out licensing and stuff first. so anyone, heat mat or heat cord? cheers

yes i would love to get a blonde spotted but i would just have to find a cheaper one, probly wont be able to afford one for few months still, aslo have to sort out licensing and stuff first. so anyone, heat mat or heat cord? cheers

For my spotted python i have a heat mat. He love digging in and keeping warm

Don't Darwins get to about 2metres? So by "the enclosure should be half as long as the snake and half as wide as the length" rule, wouldn't the enclosure he's talking about be just about big enough?

yeah that's about right..

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/sale-snakes-43/blonde-spotted-python-hatchlings-131403/ L@@K

Last edited:
Hi guys Im recently been considering if or not to get another water python or a jungle python just wondering on others opinions on the two snakes and what they think is a better python to own?

Hi everyone im relatively new to Aussie pythons and was please looking for some advice on to what is a more suitable python for myself out of a jungle python and a water python? and the pros cons of both snakes what is harder to look after etc... any help on this would be greatly appreciated thankyou :)

Hi guys Im recently been considering if or not to get another water python or a jungle python just wondering on others opinions on the two snakes and what they think is a better python to own?

Hi everyone im relatively new to Aussie pythons and was please looking for some advice on to what is a more suitable python for myself out of a jungle python and a water python? and the pros cons of both snakes what is harder to look after etc... any help on this would be greatly appreciated thankyou :)

I've got a reptile mag which has infomation on both pythons.

OUT OF 5.
(JUNGLE)
Handling:2
Feeding:4
Temperament:1 & Half
Hardiness:3
Breeding:4

(WATER)
Handling:2
Feeding:3
Temperament:2
Hardiness:4
Breeding:4 & Half
Cost:1

But thats just one magazine.
Also depends if you handle often, it will be a more collected and plaicd python if held often.

I'd Rather a nice black & gold jungle.

Last edited:
Really aewsome that's helpful thankyou and im taking it the jungle is worth a bit more money or they are basically equal pricewise ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back