Hatching babies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sookie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was poking around on youtube earlier and ended up on a thread talking about buying reptile eggs and hatching them yourself at home.all you need is an incubator......is this possible here in oz?:?would love to have some info.

anything is possible. if i was to sell any eggs i would want at least half of the value of what the hatchie would be worth. also think if your able to get an endless supply of pinkies, do you have the pactience and experience to get the hatchies feeding?

I don't see that it would be a good idea really. First there is the problem of safely getting the eggs to you, then there is the problem of the incubation and like wranga said, what if they are fussy feeders. I would not sell my eggs to people, I would prefer to make sure they are hatched and eating before they go to there new homes.

I would think it wouldn't be successful. Think of all the eggs that might not be looked after correctly and may not hatch. Not only that as a buyer you would then lose out if it didn't hatch. I think I need the remind everyone of the old saying "don't count your chicken before they are hatched"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plus if you where selling the eggs if you sell it and when it hatches at the new owners house and it a new morph (lucy, pied etc) i think the original owner would be quite annoyed to say the least lol :)

plus if you where selling the eggs if you sell it and when it hatches at the new owners house and it a new morph (lucy, pied etc) i think the original owner would be quite annoyed to say the least lol :)

im sure the egg seller would know what eggs they were selling and wouldnt risk selling eggs that may hold a new morph. if something out of the blue popped out well good luck to the egg buyer.

I don't know if you would be able to sell eggs legally like aussie birds [eggs included]you cant sell them until they are feeding themselfs as they are a protected species
Cheers Deano

I don't know if you would be able to sell eggs legally like aussie birds [eggs included]you cant sell them until they are feeding themselfs as they are a protected species
Cheers Deano

Good point not only that how would I go with licensing. It would be very easy to say something didn't hatch and then keep/sell of license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.i thought the problem would be in transit,keeping the eggs at the right temp.wasn't looking to buy any eggs,not enough xp for birthlings,or fussy feeders etc.was asking a valid ? (i hope).seems to a thing taking off os.i dunno how you would go if the egg was fine when it left breeder and went bad in transit.

Thanks again.i thought it was interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back