Golden Crowneds and Marsh Snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More pics

They're now had multiple feeds and poops as you can see in these pics, now they're taking a whole adult mouse tail. Each feed is taking less time and fiddling having practiced the method Col suggest, thanks again Col! :D
Before feeding & cleaning
P2030068_ms%20%28Small%29.jpg

After
P2020060_ms%20%28Small%29.jpg

More Marsh and Crowned feeding
P2020607_ms%20%28Small%29.jpg

P2020647gc%20%28Small%29.jpg

Looking good mate!
Just curious is there a reason they are in tall tubs or is that just what was available at the time?

Great to see them being kept and bred in captivity.We often get them coming inside trying to escape the heat in summer.

Looking good mate!
Just curious is there a reason they are in tall tubs or is that just what was available at the time?

For the moment, I find tubs convinient to keep clean and maintain some humidity. Also while they're so small they could easily slip between the panes of glass of an enclosure! Maybe you have some ideas for a setup?

For the moment, I find tubs convinient to keep clean and maintain some humidity. Also while they're so small they could easily slip between the panes of glass of an enclosure! Maybe you have some ideas for a setup?
Tubs are fine imo, I was just wondering why the tubs were so tall as usually people keep them in tubs that have more length than height, I thought there may be a reason behind this?

Great to see them being kept and bred in captivity.We often get them coming inside trying to escape the heat in summer.

Yep Col did a great job breeding them, I think he mentioned getting them a tiny bottle of passion pop.

A lot of people stress out over the marshies and crowneds around thinking they are brown snakes- if only they knew how lucky they are like you do :D

I don't think they are hard to get feeding Snakeluvver you just have to be shown how.
Different isn't hard.
But I'll put my money where my mouth is and found out in a week!

The crowneds and marshies are enjoying a new substrate, moving on from dampened paper towel to expanded cocoa peat. A few pics from their most recent assist feeding session c:
P2030550_crowned%20copy%20(Small).jpg

P2030583_marshy%20(Small).jpg
P2030652_Crowned%20copy%20(Small).jpg

Hey omg_a_gecko!

How big are they now?
I've got my lot feeding pretty well, one of them seems to swallow as soon as you put it's mouth but the other needs to be down further, nearly the whole thing.
Have yours got progressively better?

Hey omg_a_gecko!

How big are they now?
I've got my lot feeding pretty well, one of them seems to swallow as soon as you put it's mouth but the other needs to be down further, nearly the whole thing.
Have yours got progressively better?

Easier each time, improving my method each assist feed, usually about 2-3cm in and they walk the top of their mouths along with a bit of assist by them pushing the mouse tail against the enclosure wall c:

Sunday night one of my bub Marshies fed without assist feeding for the first time! very satisfying
P2040539_Marshy2_First Unassisted Feed.jpg

Oops, Just cleaned out my PM inbox, any snobbing was unintentional! :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back