Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And when's your next YouTube video getting uploaded? :) You have a stunning collection mate
Thanks! It's funny you should mention youtube as I was shooting a bit of video today and thinking of a couple of ideas for uploads. The first may be a simple one - just a compilation of old and new footage of my male lacie eating eggs (my annual nod to easter). After that I have a few videos I need to put together for an upcoming talk, anyway, and then soon it will be hatching season and I'm hoping to get some more footage of hatchlings in the egg to add to the collection.

One of the nicest Gouldii i have come accross ( Bedourie area)

zzz312.jpg

Shane

I have nrainy day 019.jpgot posted for a while. I just took these, its been lousy waether, and our lacies are just staying put in their nice little box. I have not seen them comerainy day 025.jpg out for a few days now, but I sure dont blame them. It was very cold outside last night, and without any heating turned on yet, it was 18c in their box.rainy day 026.jpg

That's one stunning animal, Toni:)! Alot of yellow, like it's dad!! Is this the confirmed male? It looks a bit female to me, from that head shot?!

because they are native to the east coast and won't get effected by the cold too much, this isn't that important, but you could put a heat lamp in the box for them.

Alot of yellow, like it's dad!! Is this the confirmed male? It looks a bit female to me, from that head shot?!
He does look a lot like Alex, doesn't he! I've seen Borris up close and he's a boy for sure.
you could put a heat lamp in the box for them.
I'm pretty sure that wintering box is heated. It's phenomenally well insulated and is beautifully constructed.

Lizardloco, we have lights, we turn on in Winter. They are on a thermostat, and even in the middle of Winter, they are not on very often, as the box is so well insulated. I know they could cope, but they just don't have to, they are a bit spoilt.
And thanks heaps Varanus, I just really wish we had a good camera, ours is very old, and just does not do him justice.
He has recently shed, and is such a wonderful colour, but I cannot seem to take very good shots.
This is Borris, our male, at least we think.
He is heaps like his dad.
The only strange thing about ours, is we still have never really seen the same feeding response that everyone else talks about. I think this is a good thing, for us. :)

h

Borris is an incredibly beautiful lizard in the flesh, I can attest to that. Here's a shot I took a couple of years ago when I visited them.
122894737.jpg
Toni, you'll probably see the feeding response when he's older and you have to start cutting back on his food to prevent him from getting overweight. That's when Alex started to become dangerous.

Oh, thanks David, that really sounds like something to look forward to :)
He will be 5 later this year. The time goes so quickly.
This Winter, we will be making a few more changes to the aviary, so they can get even more sun. All planned out what we want to do, just have to do it :)
Hope you are well.
Cheers

Great pics Matt. I finally saw my little guy grab a cricket the other day. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in ages.
This is easily my favourite thread at the moment

To get all you monitor lovers drooling, here are a few photos of Pilbara Rock Monitors I found whiles in the Pilbara.

rockmonitor3-1.jpg

rockmonitor2.jpg

Will these ever be available to the hobby? They seem perfect for captivity.

Will these ever be available to the hobby? They seem perfect for captivity.

If you are talking about the Pilbara Rock Monitor, we at WAHS (West Australian Herpetological Society) have put a list of animals together and have presented it to DEC, for us reptile keepers in WA to be able to keep them and I can say the Pilbara Rock Monitor is one of many animals on the list.
We also have put forward a few other changes to make it easier for the reptile Keepers in WA, but for the ones who know what DEC are like, its like talking to a brick wall when it comes to the licencing system and list of animals we can keep...:rolleyes: Fingers crossed though!

That's mean Nail, just plain mean!

I know I know, I just couldn't help myself, Its like us keepers in WA aren't allowed to keep the Rough Scale Python even though its a endemic to WA but the East can.
So I thought I should show off an animal that we can see in the wild here in WA hahaha :lol:

Back