Woma no poo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some snakes are regular, others take weeks between passing waste. It depends on a number of factors - temperature, activity levels, food size & type. If a snake hasn't passed a crap in a couple of months, I might gently palpate it to see if there is any solid lump or lumps lower down in the digestive tract, and if so, then I might take it out onto the lawn for a bit of a run around. 7-8 weeks is nothing to be concerned about, even with animals which are normally quite regular, as long as they have access to a range of temps and clean water. True constipation is VERY rare in my experience, the prospect doesn't warrant the anxiety demonstrated on forums like this, and it's basically because inexperienced keepers expect their reptiles to behave like mammals... which they are not.

Jamie.

Cheers Jamie that was the answer I was looking for. And yes I am inexperienced hence why i ask questions to get answers so I can become more knowledgeable.

my woma is doing the same thing. he is still very active but no poo! i think he is ready for a shed though so maybe this is why?....

Just gotta say,Jamie who died and made you all knowing, all insulting and so freaking wise on every topic of this forum?

wow good work to bring up a thread this old sookie
why would you bother then post crap like that
i think your name suggests something

mine always poo whilst shedding . I swear they know Im going to come right along and pick up theyre shed skin and then go ewwww whats that smell...................everytime lol

i love it when they poo in their shed, no mess and in a little carry bag for convience

Funnily enough I actually was looking at this thread before sookie rehashed it as my womas are also very intermittent poopers then lo and behold it is rehashed and bumped to the front page,lol

haha what are the chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back