Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo

Reaction score
Just curious to how many other people have thier reptiles fall inside the enclosures while they are cruising about at night.
Every now and then I hear a crashing sound and one of bredli has falling a short distance to the floor of the enclosure, then lays there with a silly look on its face.:shock:

Yeah it can happen.
I was on a beach in Java once and a 3 and a half ft chondro fell out of the tree and landed between me and an american i was talking too. He was between the tree and the snake, so the snake went for the tree and he thought it was going him and screamed as he ran off. I laughed so hard i wet myself. Hell of a way for a snake to wake up!

One of my stimmie hatchies thinks she's a tree python and regularly falls off her dowel at feeding time.

my bredli used to do the same thing 4-5 times a night when he first got put into his larger enclosure, when i bought him he was a year old and still in a small click clack that i would have said was way to small and offered nothing to climb on. I took him home and put him in a 3' enclosure with branches and horizontal perches and thats when the entertainment started. He looked unco while climbing, wobbled all over the place like he was lacking in muscle tone (he wasnt he turned my hand blue when i was looking at him) and just appeared not to get it. Now 12 months later its only the very occasional fall when he is climbing around his light cage or something like that.

All 3 of my jungles are quite ok, but the female is really funny. When I put her in her enclosure, I put her on a vine. Quite often, her tail will wrap around bu her body won't and she'll swing from the vine with her head inches from the hides and water bowl and then climb up her body as if to say "omg that was scary" haha.

i could kill my lacey of a night which is in a rattly tingy noisy bird cage, swear he gets upto secret shananigans... grr. then getting woken up early by the pleasent smell of monitor feaces

ah yes, indonesia, where 2500$ reptiles fall off trees (and probably grows on em too)

i've seen my bluey jump down from his hide, more like a belly flop
unrelated, i saw flying dragons... fall down... weird...

My BHP has done it from day dot. Climbs up the side of the enclosure, up along the top, then slammo.
Runs out of length and body slams on rocks water bowl whatever. He is bigger now but still does it, only it is a more controlled fall.
I read here somewhere that snakes bruise from falls and was horrified I might have to take him to the vet covered in bruises : )
But he is 15 months old now, much chunkier still falls, seems to enjoy it.

i have a bredli, she use to climb up along the top of the sliding doors alllllll the time and fall from about 3 feet and i would hear "THUD" turn the light on and shes just lying there with a shocked face. i just laugh and let her be...after a while she was too big to get up there anymore so that was solved :)

sookie my jungle has never fallen from anything in her house,bloody hope not she is a tree dweller by nature.my childrens is practising his litle heart out.he is very funny to watch but he doesn't make a thud.not big enough yet.

Glad I'm not the only one that experiences this, guess this is what happens when you climb with no arms eh.

Yer my bredli half feel out if it's tree today. I was feeding it normally like to eat from the branches. But it struck bite the mouse (which I was still holding) and about half of it fell and I ended up holding the mice with a snake holding onto the other end trying to coil around it. Funny as but it was good, she won and enjoyed her rat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the reason I'm having to change my big jungles tank. He's just too heavy that when he tries to climb off his perches to his hide he always falls and hits the doors (the dogs always think someone is trying to break in!)
I remember reading a thread not long ago where someones jungle broke it's back and had to be put down from falling off a perch so I'm a bit paranoid.

Black headeds are notorious for climbing, yet they are sooooo bad at it! Mine used to reach up and get on the thermo housing etc, then come down with a thump.

haha yeh my bredli does it at night, sometimes i watch him cruise around....then thud there he goes lol...and when i have him out he will climb up my head and slide off. makes me laugh :)

This is the reason I'm having to change my big jungles tank. He's just too heavy that when he tries to climb off his perches to his hide he always falls and hits the doors (the dogs always think someone is trying to break in!)
I remember reading a thread not long ago where someones jungle broke it's back and had to be put down from falling off a perch so I'm a bit paranoid.

OMG really?? new substrate = the pillows from my bed .. No but really my bredlis fall often my female fell off the picture rail in my lounge room the other day and literally shook it off and then came and sat on my lap in shock lol, shes such a sweety

It concerns me that they might do some damage to themselves when falling, but I'm assuming it is a more of a controlled fall on thier behalf. lol.

Lol I love this thread at night when I'm going to bed or watching tv I here constNt noiseof my pythons falling even with all the wood in there they manage to fall lol

I am regularly awoken by 14kgs of olive python hitting the deck. I've stopped stepping out of the bedroom with a baseball bat when it happens now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back