Help please coastal carpet refusing feeds!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kade355

Reaction score
Hey guys need some help if possible, my coastal carpet who I have had for about 2 years, and he's about 3 years old, around 6.5ft and usually never denies a feed, he's not aggressive, normally drop it in and he takes it, I have tried medium rabbits and jumbo rats thawed out, his temp in tank sits around 30, humidity is good, but he hasn't eaten for about 7weeks, he got mites about 10 weeks ago, but has eaten one since getting rid of them, any help will be much appreciated!! Was going to take him to the vet this week if he refused again!

Snakes sometime refuse food when it is coming up to winter even if they aren't being cooled. I wouldn't be too concerned, try raising the temps just a little bit. Try feeding again in a week or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries, will raise the temps a bit,roughly how long should I wait before I tAke him to the vet, thanks for help, I was stressing a bit about it, would he also be maturing ( gettin ready to breed) does that effect eating pattern

If people are wanting to breed snakes they cool them over winter during this period they don't feed there snakes. Snakes can go a very long period of time without eating. They can quite easily go a couple of months without any issue.

Once the temperature has been raised to about 32c at the hot end during the day, try feeding in a week or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's an adult snake coming into winter, it's comon for them not to want food,
i wouldn't be feeding it for the next 4-5 months

just make sure theres water in the enclosure and dont worry about trying to feed till atleast september

My 8 year old spotted always tends to go off her food from about March through till September. I used to worry about it and keep offering food, that was always rejected, until I was told that it can be quite normal over the winter months. She is in good condition, it's just her natural response.Even, when I raised temps, she would go down the cool end and stay there over the winter months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back