newbie .question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xmickx

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi all i have been looking on the site now for the past 2 months and then joined ,i waitint to pick up my childrens python(3 months old)and i have built a click clack for it. i was wondering with heating and temps does the prob go under the paper or on the side of the tub,im i heating the bottom or the inside of the tub(does that make sence)

cheers guys

loving all the info

yes its a 7watt 15cm x 28cm

IMG_1411.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like that heatmat is inside the tub? You want the heatmat on the outside and put the probe above it inside the tub, so it measures the heat where the snake will be lying.

On second thoughts maybe that is just a newspaper add lol

Here's what you want:
DSC03587.jpg

Probe is on top of the paper inside the tub. Heat mat is underneath the plastic tub on the outside.

thanks guys yes the heat mat is under the tub

And make sure the heat mat is only under 1/3 of the tub so you get a nice temp gradient.

hey mick, just a question for you lol, does your lid on click clack sit flush on the rim of tub or are the tabs on the lid creating a gap? I only ask because i bought a click clack similar and i had to remove the tabs under lid, i know the gap might only seem small but hatchies are amazing at getting out of tiny spots lol While the lid is on look under the rim, if you can see a gap, you need to fix that.. I used a soldering iron to melt them it took a while but, its a small price to pay to make sure you new baby does not escape. It might be fine but i just thought you might like to know, i was all ready to put mine in and then it just dawned on me. I was so glad i saw it. If you dont understand what im saying just let me know and ill try to explain it better to you.

No bigger truth has ever been spoken.hatchys can get out of gaps that weren't even there.........hahahahahahahhaha,i think we might be all speaking form experience here.and geez are they quick little buggers and small.........scary combo deal hahahahaha.

can they get out of those cricket keeper type containers with the slits in the plastic lid or do they let out too much heat (just while we on the topic)lol???

can they get out of those cricket keeper type containers with the slits in the plastic lid or do they let out too much heat (just while we on the topic)lol???

To tell you the truth i have never seen the cricket keeper tubs, i just know about the ones above from my recent project( building a new enclosure with one of those tubs exactly lol) but it would not shock me if you said they could ha ha Amazing what these little fellas can do. Mine has been in his new tub for about two weeks now and i still stress even though i know i have done all that is possible, i have velcro everywhere lol, its like fort knox, yet everytime i open it and i dont find him straight away i go into meltdown mode...(hes my baby lol)

No bigger truth has ever been spoken.hatchys can get out of gaps that weren't even there.........hahahahahahahhaha,i think we might be all speaking form experience here.and geez are they quick little buggers and small.........scary combo deal hahahahaha.

I agee, i cannot get over how quick my hatchie jungle is my god he is like lightening, at least with the big ones there is more chance of grabbing onto some part of them lol, The only time i know i have time to relax around him is when he has gutsed himself and hes too fat to move ha ha ha He is such a little pig...

hey mick, just a question for you lol, does your lid on click clack sit flush on the rim of tub or are the tabs on the lid creating a gap? I only ask because i bought a click clack similar and i had to remove the tabs under lid, i know the gap might only seem small but hatchies are amazing at getting out of tiny spots lol While the lid is on look under the rim, if you can see a gap, you need to fix that.. I used a soldering iron to melt them it took a while but, its a small price to pay to make sure you new baby does not escape. It might be fine but i just thought you might like to know, i was all ready to put mine in and then it just dawned on me. I was so glad i saw it. If you dont understand what im saying just let me know and ill try to explain it better to you.

i removed all the tabs and there was still big gaps at both ends so i will be getting a new tub on the week end thanks for the info(it was a crap tub)

i removed all the tabs and there was still big gaps at both ends so i will be getting a new tub on the week end thanks for the info(it was a crap tub)

Before you go buying another tub have a look at velcro, mine still had gaps until i put the velcro on, it holds it down really tight, it wont move. i have an 85ltr just like yours but mine had lots of plastic tabs i removed them right down to level and then i have two pieces of velcro on the sides and one at each end. A little over kill (just) but i would rather be safe then sorry lol

I also took the handles off and cut off the tabs the handles go on and then it will sit completely flat, bit of mucking around but worth not having to stress about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back