Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a Woma! I've only had one for two days and its my second snake.. but it's awesome! Hehe, I'm on the gold coast too.. Its worth checking out the classifieds on the forum when your ready to buy..

my jungle is placid as. but as for darwins and spotteds i'll let you know i'm picking up my blonde spotted and albino darwin tomorrow. congrats on convincing your parents to let you get one. that can't have been an easy task. oh i did have another jungle that was the spawn of lucifer himself so they can be mean buggers.

It really is up to personal preference but maybe going down stimmie or children's road would be a good starter, bit of variety on morphs/species available and not that intimidating (as a start to get the folks on side). I'm hearing good things about Woma's although I havent kept them.....yet.

Whatever you choose don't buy on impulse, wait till what you want becomes available. As hard as that can be sometimes.

Goodluck!

I have a Darwin juvie and 2 womas, the Darwin is the most placid snake and the male woma is the same although still a bit nervous, haven't handled the girl woma yet but I don't think it will be a problem as they are nice natured snakes generally. But as people have said, it is a personal thing.

.i love my jeffrey.

Do you and Jeffrey chill out with a Jeffrey and stroke the furry wall? Haha :p I love that movie.

My GF and I went to a breeders house that had a rather large selection. We chose Jungle pythons coz they looked great, and at the breeders place they handled really well.

Long story short I have recently acquired two more, giving one back so I have 3. One of the new ones was snappy, but I have handled her every day and she won't bite me at all anymore, and is happy to curl up or crawl all over me. Don't worry about what people say with the bitey snakes, as hatchies it doesn't hurt, and when I was looking it up, I read threads about aggressive hatchlings from every species.

Get what you really like :)

Be warned, though... It doesn't really matter what you get, you'll probably end up with the majority of them, if not all of them. It's addictive and I already have dreams of a big herp room, haha. If only I was an international banker :p

Do you and Jeffrey chill out with a Jeffrey and stroke the furry wall? Haha :p I love that movie.

My GF and I went to a breeders house that had a rather large selection. We chose Jungle pythons coz they looked great, and at the breeders place they handled really well.

Long story short I have recently acquired two more, giving one back so I have 3. One of the new ones was snappy, but I have handled her every day and she won't bite me at all anymore, and is happy to curl up or crawl all over me. Don't worry about what people say with the bitey snakes, as hatchies it doesn't hurt, and when I was looking it up, I read threads about aggressive hatchlings from every species.

Get what you really like :)

Be warned, though... It doesn't really matter what you get, you'll probably end up with the majority of them, if not all of them. It's addictive and I already have dreams of a big herp room, haha. If only I was an international banker :p
Tell me about it, I went from two snakes to 5 in the space of a month and now I have an albino on hold, same with lizards, went from 1 to 6 in about a month and another due next week (2 are technically my sons,lol).

Tell me about it, I went from two snakes to 5 in the space of a month and now I have an albino on hold, same with lizards, went from 1 to 6 in about a month and another due next week (2 are technically my sons,lol).

Haha, when did you start?

Haha, cool. The jags at austmorelias.com for sale are so beautiful :) Might wanna put some on the list?

GTP's are nice :) Haven't seen to much of RSP's. Some gecko's are really cool, there's one from overseas somewhere that is blue and red :D I wouldn't mind some beardies. I have wild ones in my yard at home, they are pretty cool :)

yeah it's true they're all snappy as hatchlings but the good part is you can usually tell pretty quick which ones will calm down and which won't. the demon snake i had would actually strike the glass and when feeding bypass the rat and go for the hand. needless to say i sold that one haha. but for the pure fact that you want your parents onside i'd go spotted or stimmie great patterns and very friendly majority of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back