Zombie rat kills snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of a wuss python lets a rat get away with that sort of s##t.

You are joking, right??

A python that isn't willing to feed (for whatever reason) will let a rodent do anything to it, including gnaw the crap out of it. I know of a similar incident where a rat was left with a diamond in an aviary, and the rat chewed a hole into pythons stomach and pulled all the intestines out (although this was probably after the snake was dead). In my opinion, snakes aren't very defensive to animals smaller than them.

You are joking, right??

A python that isn't willing to feed (for whatever reason) will let a rodent do anything to it, including gnaw the crap out of it. I know of a similar incident where a rat was left with a diamond in an aviary, and the rat chewed a hole into pythons stomach and pulled all the intestines out (although this was probably after the snake was dead). In my opinion, snakes aren't very defensive to animals smaller than them.

Especially if they are a bit too cool to be in feeding mode.

and why would you even SHOW that kind of picture on here? you could have told the story without inflicting shock on unsuspecting reptile lovers.

People wouldn't have believed it otherwise, and would say "pics or it didn't happen". Sometimes graphic photo's are needed to help get the severity of the situation through to the ignorant ones out there ( I don't mean you).

Sorry my ''Story'' doesn't add up and you're disappointed in the content, you'll be glad to know from this point onward i will do my very best to lift the standards of such posts to meet you're requirements.

The rat was in there for at least an hour and a half, i'm not entirely sure if it ''ate'' its brains, maybe ''chewed its head off'' was more appropriate..

''I'm sure there's far more to this story than we've been told and led to believe.''
I'm not sure what you mean by this? As far as you believing my the statement..I am not bothered of you're opinion either way good sir.

Thank you for you're expertise on the matter i'll be sure to pass the info on.

Too many inexperienced people on here inkage to expect serious discussion/education. What you have shown is that your mate did the wrong thing! His snake has paid the ultimate price and very unfortunate that he has lost a beautiful snake. Yes it's cruel, yes it's wrong but such a powerful message in this!!!

Last edited:
well there looks to be bloodstains on the rock behind the python in witch it looked like there could have been some form of struggle for life.

poor snake, stupid owner..sorry but hes a down right douche bag

fridays f-wit

You are joking, right??

Yes actually, I was joking. I find the concept of a larger predator being killed by its intended meal strikes me as ironic even though I find the death of a beautifull creature like that as being quiet sucky.

this isnt the first time ive heard and seen of this happening. im glad a pic has been posted to show the consequences of feeding live live rodents

He's by no means new to reptile keeping, This being only the second time i've personally heard of this happening.. Too people in the last 15 years... Back before frozen feed was available a lot of people fed fresh killed food items, myself included. I had never had an issue, though on occasions you'd get the odd rat that Just didn't want to die. I think in this case it was just an exceptional animal that was understandably unhappy with being whacked on the head.. As far as the python goes i have no idea about the history of it or its feeding habits, so one could only guess about its health or willingness to defend itself ect.

Yes actually, I was joking. I find the concept of a larger predator being killed by its intended meal strikes me as ironic even though I find the death of a beautifull creature like that as being quiet sucky.

Cool :)

Yes, those damn rats are cunning little buggers. This wouldn't happen with a live chick, quail, duck or perhaps a young rabbit (not that I'm advocating the use of any LIVE animal). It's just a shame that keepers always use mice or rats when feeding live. You would think they'd try something that can't gnaw on their python.

No dramas serpenttongue, the nuance of speech is often lost in text. My sense of humour often gets me on the wrong side of people who dont know me.

I actually found a lovely diamond today on the highway just north of Buladelah freshly run over. That sucked to.

If that snake turns into a zombie we're in for a world of pain ...... or a really bad movie script. Better bury it with salt in it's mouth or something anti-zombie like that.

Sorry my ''Story'' doesn't add up and you're disappointed in the content, you'll be glad to know from this point onward i will do my very best to lift the standards of such posts to meet you're requirements.

The rat was in there for at least an hour and a half, i'm not entirely sure if it ''ate'' its brains, maybe ''chewed its head off'' was more appropriate..

''I'm sure there's far more to this story than we've been told and led to believe.''
I'm not sure what you mean by this? As far as you believing my the statement..I am not bothered of you're opinion either way good sir.

Thank you for you're expertise on the matter i'll be sure to pass the info on.

and hour and a half? after having it's head bashed against a wall or some such? no, sorry, don't believe you, I bred rats for near on six years (about 200 at any given time) I have a LOT of experience in this, I've seen how long it takes a rat to recover enough to even wander around just a little, and your story has so many holes it's not even funny, so how is it that this happened to your mate, but you know exactly what went on and when and in what order?
I can understand you wanting defend your "friend' but the series of events are simply too fantastical to be plausible in the way they've been laid out.

People wouldn't have believed it otherwise, and would say "pics or it didn't happen". Sometimes graphic photo's are needed to help get the severity of the situation through to the ignorant ones out there ( I don't mean you).

then let them ask for pics privately, there's no need for this type of image to be up, or at least have a not safe warning in the thread title.

Too many inexperienced people on here inkage to expect serious discussion/education. What you have shown is that your mate did the wrong thing! His snake has paid the ultimate price and very unfortunate that he has lost a beautiful snake. Yes it's cruel, yes it's wrong but such a powerful message in this!!!

inexperienced? yes, there are quite a few indeed, but there are also a lot of people who are quite experienced.
serious discussion INCLUDES people seeing and hearing an impossible story and then debunking it's supposed plausibility, because they know better from personal experience.

and it is a powerful message, IF it's true, and I simply don't believe the time line of supposed things happening, or the way they have been portrayed.

this isnt the first time ive heard and seen of this happening. im glad a pic has been posted to show the consequences of feeding live live rodents

No wranga, this is the consequences of not supervising during a fresh kill feed, not because it was a fresh kill feed, lets not get carried away with half truths and misinformation here.

If that snake turns into a zombie we're in for a world of pain ...... or a really bad movie script. Better bury it with salt in it's mouth or something anti-zombie like that.

Thay would sell well I think, how about it, a snake that dont sleep or ever refuse a meal and wont die on you no matter how poorly its looked after. Slightly aggressive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back