My favourite Centipede :D (warning: it may be too amazing for you :O)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
heres some pics of my fave centipede :).
bloody stunner of a pede, only one in the hobby atm :)

DSC09743.jpg

SDC10602.jpg

DSC09733.jpg

DSC09726.jpg

SDC10600.jpg

SDC10599.jpg

SDC10598.jpg

SDC10594.jpg

SDC10589.jpg

enjoy....

Very cool!
Not questioning what you're saying but how do you know it's the only one in the hobby?

Very cool!
Not questioning what you're saying but how do you know it's the only one in the hobby?

very rare locale.
there was 2 but the other one got lost.
im trying to get my hands on more though, from a remote place.
this is an unbanded form. This species (scolopendra morsitans) have bands on them. So basically its like a patternless python

very rare locale.
there was 2 but the other one got lost.
im trying to get my hands on more though, from a remote place.
this is an unbanded form. This species (scolopendra morsitans) have bands on them. So basically its like a patternless python
You don't know it's true. There might be people not saying anything about keeping them.

You don't know it's true. There might be people not saying anything about keeping them.

lmao i shouldnt even of posted that, everytime i do it ends up in this stupid conversation
lets say, inverts are no where near as popular as snakes, only a handful or people keep them. Im saying in the hobby... and btw, no one even knows these are rare unless they are really into centipedes.. which is only like a couple of people....

lmao i shouldnt even of posted that, everytime i do it ends up in this stupid conversation
lets say, inverts are no where near as popular as snakes, only a handful or people keep them. Im saying in the hobby... and btw, no one even knows these are rare unless they are really into centipedes.. which is only like a couple of people....
Yeah... I only keep Growling Grass Frogs because they're underground and not mainstream, so I can get why you keep pedes.They're like the least mainstream... except they're not. A lot of people would keep them. I know of quite a few friends that catch them... or did, but they died.
No-one knows they are rare unless they are really into centipedes right? So then people may keep these but not talk about them, or tell anyone, as they think they're just common bland centipedes.
In the hobby? Like I said before, people could keep these as a hobby as well but not really talk about it.
That being said, it still looks great.

that's a ripper mate. Hows the little one i sent you going ??

look man, i just said that for people to go wow and i wanted to actually get more people interested in them, i dont want your stupid comments.
To know this centipede is rare you gotta know a lot bout them. they live in a remote place as hell deep in qld. If someone amazingly happens to find one. and keeps it, how is that the hobby? by hobby i mean like actually keep alot of pedes, not just find it, think its cool and chuck it in a cheese container

thanks squiddy and harley :)
yours is eating like a champ , thanks for it :D, your pede is the exact same species as this one :)

Yeah... I only keep Growling Grass Frogs because they're underground and not mainstream, so I can get why you keep pedes.They're like the least mainstream... except they're not. A lot of people would keep them. I know of quite a few friends that catch them... or did, but they died.
No-one knows they are rare unless they are really into centipedes right? So then people may keep these but not talk about them, or tell anyone, as they think they're just common bland centipedes.
In the hobby? Like I said before, people could keep these as a hobby as well but not really talk about it.
That being said, it still looks great.

The people died????

How did you obtain it?

off a mate who got it off the collector - he knows the most bout pedes and had all the rare and nice ones etc. He had both and had to go overseas and gave me one and someone else the other (the other escaped). so 2 - 1 = 1 doesnt it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back