The last Man Eater is dead!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guzzo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
As a few would remember recently I was savaged without warning by a female rat that had just had a litter.

Some on this site advised me that the anti human trait in rats may be hereditary so I slew the beast and fed it to the largest of my Darwin’s.

But I still had the babies to contend with…all but one of the litter had been fed to my snakes and the one that remained was a female that was the spitting image of its late mother.

Well my nice female has since had another litter that are now all weaners and running everywhere and when I was distracted cleaning the cage the unthinkable happened…….the lone female from the Man Eating mother escaped and was now bolting flat out under the house.

I called our Tibetan Spaniel to my aid but she just sat their being fluffy…no help.

There was also a good chance that this female was pregnant and there was no way I could get to it……so like the last of the Great White Hunters I went upstairs and got my trusty .177 air rifle.

All was quiet when I came back and shone my P7 torch around until I saw my quarry sitting on the edge of a pile of rocks……it was my only chance…..the crosshairs settled between it’s eyes (which were glowing in the torch light ) and I gently squeezed….(not pulled) …the trigger……thunk!!! And it was over…a clean kill….. (But I still put another 3 into it to be sure.)

It did send out a message to the other rats though…fleeing felons will be shot.

A good airgun is a handy tool for such a situation.

Last edited:
View attachment 198622View attachment 198621 Haha guys...here is the weapon. A Gamo 440 that I rebuilt with a new spring and trigger, I added a muzzle break and put a scope on it. I coated the main spring with this stuff called heavy Tar to reduce the spring recoil. The group is 5 shots at 20mtrs using predator pellets - polymer tipped hollow points.....take no prisoners!!!!!!!

How do they go on cats?

“The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath.”

Even a cat should be wary of an angry rat!!!

Oh did you mean how does the gun go on cats?

No Idea but I went out with my father in law down south and shot a few rabbits no worries ...Rabbits in a camp oven.....great

nice Gamo guzzo...whats your thoughts on the bsa meteor??
I have the P7 its great but you wont use it once you upgrade to the m14.. ITS AMAZING ! get it get it get it !!!
An the X21 lived up to what I thought It would be like...Its a Great unit :)

nice Gamo guzzo...whats your thoughts on the bsa meteor??
I have the P7 its great but you wont use it once you upgrade to the m14.. ITS AMAZING ! get it get it get it !!!
An the X21 lived up to what I thought It would be like...Its a Great unit :)

Is it a new Meteor or an old one?? I am of the understanding Gamo bought the BSA company but still trade as BSA.....in any case the BSA meteor is a good gun

Nice grouping, bit of a sharp shooter ay ;)

You sure showed her lol.

Guzzo the great white hunter.
Did you wear camouflage?
Reminds me of Biggles:)

You can really put some spin on your tales mate, enjoyed it. Maybe you should start writing novels.
What are the groupings like at 30 and 40 meters on the Gamo?

Nice mate

I hope you disposed of the remains in such a way that no lunatic scientist working for a national weapons development agency can get their hands on the DNA and create HELL ASSAULT RATS.

Or is that what you did?

Guzzo the great white hunter.
Did you wear camouflage?
Reminds me of Biggles:)

No need for camo for this one mate, I needed to make it a high visibility hit so as to set an example to the other rats

You can really put some spin on your tales mate, enjoyed it. Maybe you should start writing novels.
What are the groupings like at 30 and 40 meters on the Gamo?

1 inch group at 30 and then it starts to expand a bit from there, at 50 it groups in about the size of a tennis ball....it will go straight through a deoderant can at 50.

Last edited:
No need for camo for this one mate, I needed to make it a high visibility hit so as to set an example to the other rats

Your a champion for all mankind. America got their terrorist the other day, and you got yours. This day will go down in history books. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back