Scrub Pythons in Cairns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mummabear

Reaction score
My brother came home from fishing last night to a lovely Scrubby on our front lawn in suburban Cairns. Bit of a surprise. After much excitement he was caught and released away from houses unharmed. Here are some pictures of our lovely visitor.

IMG_3576.jpgIMG_3578.jpgIMG_3579.jpg

scan0001.jpgOn a negative note, I was really disappointed to read this article in our Cairns post on the Weekend. It has a picture of a Cairns couple smiling while the man is holding a chopped scrub python. The story is a celebration of how he saved his pet cat by killing the snake with his blunt axe. I am unable to link the story as i can't find it on the net so i scanned it.

pencil.png

They are absolutely beautiful snakes, i live behind earl hill at Trinity and we get the odd one or two popping in to say hello every week or so....... I also read that article in the paper also an absolute douche that guy was!

Wow what a beautiful scrubby. Shame about that article though, I can't understand why killing one animal to save another makes someone a "hero". And fancy having him with the chopped carcass as the photo, that's pretty tasteless.

in defence of the bloke who killed a scrubby......they are freaking killing and eating monsters.scrubbies are not to be messed with unless your somewhat fearless or very experienced (like your hubby,love the grip on the head lol).i wouldn't be chopping one up tho,there would be other ways to shoo it off wouldn't there?

cairns is a great place to live for scrubs... i see them near my work constantly

mate nice find, you are so lucky to have scrub pythons in your area let alown on you door step lol i would love to see them in the wild one day. its a shame about the one in the paper i cant belive that people are so stupid. i reckon its the cat owners fault that the cat got bit, why was it out side?

My brother wanted to leave him in the yard but i was worried a neighbour or a car might not like him as much as we did. I thought relocation was a better choice.

Good work it should enjoy its new safer home away from people

Wish i came home and found that in my yard...he could stay if he liked hahaha

Great find there mate. Absolute shame about the scrubby in the newspaper clip. Fair game if the cat was out side in the scubby's domain, should have let him finish the meal.

i highly doubt that the cat was even in the scrubby's mouth, probably just sugar coating the story, so the guy becomes a hero

nice find btw, would love to have wild scrubby's here!

One day we will get a reporter who will condemn the person for doing that.

Imagine killing a native species to save one that kills natives species.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back