Morelia boeleni

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exotic or not....what a pain job on that fella.stunning,it's just KAPOW.

thanks for sharing this.

Yeah if we were allowed exotics in Aus, these are at the top of my list, I reckon they look unreal.
(well, one of a few things anyway)

Nah white lipped are leiopython albertisii Fay.
They have similar looking labial scales & also have that rainbow sheen, also a great looking animal.

Australian reptile park used to use one in their snake presentations a few years back. Can anyone confirm they still keep this species? I've read they're nasty to handle.

Ain't got nothing on a virides or kinghorni, though ;)

I do wish we could have a Morelia Nauta, though. They're just like scrubbies but grow to less than 2m long!

Last edited:
Australian reptile park used to use one in their snake presentations a few years back. Can anyone confirm they still keep this species? I've read they're nasty to handle.

must have been a while ago... worrell was one of the first collectors of boelini i believe.

lovely snakes, as with SP they are on top of my exotic list (for pythons anyway)

*sigh* rub it in my face why don't you? I'd **LOVE** a Boelyn's python. Alas! *sobs quietly into keyboard*

ARP do not have the Boelens anymore.
It was a great snake. Real quiet.
He had a massive head on him and the "lips" were big too. It reminded me of a Blood Hound.
Like a puppy in nature and appearence.

Chewy, don't suppose you've got any pics you could share of the animal ARP had?
Do you know what happened to it, was it sent elsewhere, die,...?

oh its back to the morelia genus,man python taxonomy is a mess,ohh hoser as had a crack at this species Lenhoserus boeleni . I always remebered it as liasis genus but looks like the general concensus is morelia

Only this morning have I opened this book in ages John Coburgs Guide to owner Aussie Pythons and came across the White-Lipped Python (Liasis Albertisi) Wow what a stunning creature. It looks like a hybrid between a yellowy/orange/brown olive and a black head in one with some Kiss make up on....Well maybe not that but very impressive animal.

Yeah I have that book as well.

I started a thread <link way back when (that thread includes pics of both gold & black ones), asking about white lipped as I saw them in that book, & as they are still listed on the NSW Rec Licence species list. Unfortunately it seems they are still on there only to statisfy the records requirement of a keeper who still has them on licence from the amnesty days.

After seeing white lipped in the book, & trying to find more info on them, was when I stumbled across stuff about Boelens too, been fascinated with both species since. Would love to find them in their natural habitat if the oppotunity ever arose.

No pics S P.
John occasionally freqents APS. He may be able to share some pics.
It was my favourite snake after the Golden Python.
Both were beautiful snakes, but especially the Golden.

Unfortunately it seems they are still on there only to statisfy the records requirement of a keeper who still has them on licence from the amnesty days.

Why is it unfortunate?

There is a beautiful book called "Black Python Morelia boeleni" by A. Flagle & E.Stoops published in Germany in 2009 (English text). Worth buying, it's like the "Complete chodro" but on boelen's python.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back