The worst things to happen inside a helmet.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've felt a considerable whack on the visor from bugs, and hate to think what they'd feel like on the face. Never an open face helmet for me thanks, don't know how you cruiser riders do it.

I use a face mask, I can't handle being covered in a fullface. The good wife wont ride in anything but a full face. I guess it's just what you are comfortable with.

44964_1204527850539_1748937355_366955_4265376_n.jpg

Same with glove, never ridden with them. Just don't like them.

Ride safe,
Lofty

Won't be too comfy when the big cruiser understeers and your face is getting a makeover on the bitumen.

I will say that your balaclava looks badass.

I use a face mask, I can't handle being covered in a fullface. The good wife wont ride in anything but a full face. I guess it's just what you are comfortable with.

Ride safe,
Lofty

its the opposite here. Hubby wears a full face and keeps trying to get me to wear one, but i get claustrophobic in them! love the feeling of wind (and the occassional bug) on my face, then again, there is a big man in front of me so i dare say he cops the majority of bugs.

Yeah you open face guys/girls are brave. I've been hit by a couple of bigger bugs and gotta say I wouldn't have liked to have them directly on the face. That and the crash scenarios are just too scary

having insects splat on your visor not real fun or flying through a patly open visor

The first time I ever went on the back of a bike I kept accidentally clunking my helmet against Rick's helmet when he was changing gears... not a good idea!

OK after reading this post I think I will sell my bike ......grrrrrrrr......

Never mind bugs, I knew a bloke who run intp a flock of galahs doing 120 on a Desmo 900. Broken collar bone, sternum and various other injuries and near totaled the bike.

My dad is HIGHLY allergic to bees and was out for a ride one day, got stung on the neck and when he went to the emergency room they had to saw his helmet off because his neck/face had got so fat that they couldnt pull it off...
I've swallowed a fair few bugs (I dont have a full helmet) but thats as exciting as my experience goes :)

Ride safe,
Lofty

I do know from experience that your hands are one of the body extremities that come into contact with the road if you happen to go shiney side down. Call it old age or experience, wear gloves mate.
Nice bike by the way.

Last edited:
Indian myna lol. Hit it at about 100+km/h. Lucky it didn't end up inside the helmet though! :)

I got 2 noisy myna's once and the old fella cleaned up the third... blood EVERYWHERE.

one day when suiting up to go for a ride up the range for brekkie, my bf decided to lend both my main helmet AND my spare, to new girls/pillions in the group, so the only one left was an old Shoei that had always reeked of cat pee... it was the only option left so i just gritted my teeth and put it on, proceeding to breathe through my mouth and NOT putting the visor down no matter how fast we went... caught a few bugs that day!!

on the way, there was the smell of fresh manure, which i thought smelt great!! Lol...
'Cat wee helmet' got binned that afternoon!!

also found a baby gecko in my helmet once, but luckily that was before leaving home..

I got 2 noisy myna's once and the old fella cleaned up the third... blood EVERYWHERE.

Ha ha :) I thought someone had thrown something at me at first and pulled over and saw bits of feathers etc on the side/mouthpiece of the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back