AAE Have NOT changed their regulations.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AAE has now joined APS, and after chats with myself and another member AAE has no plans to stop shipping reptile and neither has Qantas. So the scaremongering by a certain few people can now be abolished.

After the chat I had with her, they are in the process of creating a fact sheet for shipping reptiles which will provide more detail in and around what the requirements are.

It's great we are finally being heard.

I think AAE is a partnership between Quantas and Australia Post so they are likely to work together.

I am looking forward to their response Gillsy,

There has been some delemer about this for some time, esp with differing reports.

I am mostly interested in how packaging should take place. Booking in ok can understand that as I have encountered for what reason I don't know, that at Emerald airport I was told that i was lucky due to the fact the flight before would not have taken live reptiles.
We have never had a problem here at Emerald this end.

I look forward to learning the full details.

Cheers
Ian.

Mrs davo, any qantas flight will accept reptiles, however Qantas Link are a contractor and I don't believe they do. Saying that I have heard that some qantas link are actually Qantas.

I always send in home made plywood crates that all up the package weighs about !.5 kg and it consistently costs $59.
They are as solid as anything, I don't understand the problem with price.

Mrs davo, any qantas flight will accept reptiles, however Qantas Link are a contractor and I don't believe they do. Saying that I have heard that some qantas link are actually Qantas.
Some quantas flights do not have presurised or temperature controlled cargo holds and so cannot take live animals.

It is the people at the counter getting the message at AAE mascot when you actually go there.They are inconsistent with what is actually said and when you turn up your at the mercy of who ever is there at the time.
Generally the larger commercial entities are those that have shipped using foam for years and have got away with it although its against regulations.
The novice reptile keeper that sends one or two packages gets the 3rd degree.

I believe there will be a post from the AaE top management level tomorrow. I would suggest to everyone to print it and take it with you every time you're sending a parcel. If the front counter staff is misinformed or ignorant of their own regulations, ask to talk to the depot manager and present him/her with the facts on the peace of paper. No one should be at the mercy of a front counter personnel. They don't make the rules, they are obliged to follow them - not to interpret them as they feel fit.

Last edited:
I believe there will be a post from the AaE top management level tomorrow. I would suggest to everyone to print it and take it with you every time you're sending a parcel.

And this will apply Australia wide?

I believe there will be a post from the AaE top management level tomorrow. I would suggest to everyone to print it and take it with you every time you're sending a parcel. If the front counter staff is misinformed or ignorant of their own regulations, ask to talk to the depot manager and present him/her with the facts on the peace of paper. No one should be at the mercy of a front counter personnel. They don't make the rules, they are obliged to follow them - not to interpret them as they feel fit.

Yeh michael hopefully things will be sorted out,the print out of regulations would be a very good idea for sure.

Yes. AaE is a national company and the post will come from a national manager.

We await the sign of the new messiah, oh lord for we are only humble, give us a sign that your word is known and understood by all your disciples. For then we can take the tablet to the mount of Aae and all will be reveiled

We await the sign of the new messiah, oh lord for we are only humble, give us a sign that your word is known and understood by all your disciples. For then we can take the tablet to the mount of Aae and all will be reveiled

Have a drink sponge, it will help.

Qantaslink do the Coffs flights - thats how all my reptiles come/go.

Well said!

I Think that we all should give a big thanks to gillsy & Waterat & whoever else got of their bums & organised AAE to come on board. We do anyway, & look forward to hearing their response.

Thanks
Ian & Paula.

Hi to all

This is the Australian air Express Representative making a post for the first time to check that i know how to do this.

Kind regards

AaE_Asp

Hi again to all @ Aussie Pyhtons and Snakes

Well that quick reply seemed to work.

Can you please advise whether you would like me to start posiing in this discussion thread or would you prefer a new discussion thread to be posted ?? If so I might need some instruction on how to do just that

cheers

Aae_Asp

Last edited:
Hi AaE and welcome.

I think it would be better to start a new thread with an appropriate title.
Go to: Forum > General discussion> then click on NEW THREAD - type in the title and then the text into the window bellow.

cheers
Michael

Hi to all

This is the Australian air Express Representative making a post for the first time to check that i know how to do this.

Kind regards

AaE_Asp

Hi again to all @ Aussie Pyhtons and Snakes

Well that quick reply seemed to work.

Can you please advise whether you would like me to start posiing in this discussion thread or would you prefer a new discussion thread to be posted ?? If so I might need some instruction on how to do just that

cheers

Aae_Asp

First of all welcome to the site.

I believe your posts will be very welcome in helping to shed some light on what has been a very contentious issue.
Perhaps you can create a new thread and hopefully the mods can make it a sticky so it will stay front and center (so to speak) and won't have to be constantly bumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back