Adelaidians What to do?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunMorelia

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just want to find out what there is to do in the area that isn't too much of a hit on the wallet and not too far of a drive.

Would also be interested on hearing about some places to do some small bushwalks not too far from the city...

Don't really want to be sitting in the small apartment the whole weekend....

Cheers.

theres the museum- free
the art gallery
its about $20 to go to the zoo
theres the norwood morialta falls
markets
clubs

i don't go out much coz im a bit of a herper hermit but have a look here South Australia - What's On

that might help

the amazing bodies exhibition is awesome

Thanks for the ideas Lambert.

Nice one chilli, but i'd much rather drive to tasmania :p

On another note, and good tattooists in and around the city that could do a 20min job?

Yeah im only after a place thats clean, the work getting done is very very basic, no detail at all and about 40mm X 10mm solid black.

Thanks for the link.

theres beaches, i did some awesome herping in botanical gardens

Tattoo gallery is good. See Andy. He has done some of my work.

Warrarong sanctuary near Mylor is great. Do a night tour and see the platypus in it's narural environment. The Adelaide zoo bought it recently so it will have some well deserved money spent on it soon

Gday, Waterfall Gully is a nice place for bush walks, it is about 15mins from city. Every time i go there i see lots of little skinks, bandicoots and koalas.

All I want to do is check out a few sights, a few walks, and get a tatt hahah
Maybe a beer in between each.

Im staying in North Adelaide and don't want to travel too far (like 1-2hrs at most)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Yeah visiting the ocean is a must do, need some salt, been over 6 days since i've been in the ocean.

Last edited:
Glenelg shops/ beach
north adelaide has shops etc ..
walkin trails all over the hills not far at all...check out waterfall gully..lots of track around their..
as for tats most of the good places would be booked out..near waterfall gully their is ..

Cleland Wildlife Park is a whopping 35 hectares, and is home to over 130 species of Australian critters.
Mount Lofty Summit Road
Crafers SA 5152
(08) 8339 2444

Monarto Zoo, just 40 minutes from Adelaide, is a 1000 hectare open-range sanctuary
Princes Hwy Monarto SA 5254 - (08) 8534 4100
Open Daily 9:30am-5pm

Adelaide ZooAdelaide Zoo
Frome Road
Adelaide SA 5000
(08) 8267 3255
Bus: Stop 2A Melbourne St - North West side

you can get a zoo day pass for adelaide zoo and monarto and do both ..tour bus and all that..

hope that helped a little :D
Cheers
Zeke

sweet cheers for the info Zeke

Might just do a few walk in's for the tatt, its only a small job so they might be able to fit me in, but if not, might be able to book in for when im down next.

or you could just pm someone from here and have a coffee,talk reps etc.

Yeah, I prefer not to, you South Australians are weird :p :lol:

But nah, I don't drink coffee or tea and the cafe/shop/people scene isn't my thing, so would much rather get out of the city.

There has been some good suggestions that I will most likely go have a look at. Thanks all.

All I want to do is check out a few sights, a few walks, and get a tatt hahah
Maybe a beer in between each.

Im staying in North Adelaide and don't want to travel too far (like 1-2hrs at most)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Yeah visiting the ocean is a must do, need some salt, been over 6 days since i've been in the ocean.
theres a 24/7 bakery at north adelaide on o'connell st, it is O-MAZING!!!! and go to the blue and white cafe and order an AB all interstaters and overseas'ers have to have one. the only reason you should go to the red and white cafe is to get a heart attack inducing (figuratively speaking) deep fried snickers or deep fried mars bar!!!! these are a must ...then tell me what you think

BTW an AB consists of the following
-Hotchips with...
yiros meat, garlic sauce, tomato sauce with the optiion of chilli sauce and/or bbq sauce

this is what it looks like:
IMG_5767-585x389.jpg

the name initials are hardly appitising but its heaven on earth after a hard night drinking it up

Last edited:
You could join the SA Herp Group, they meet once a month on Kintore Avenue, you can get some awesome locations from there where to go herping, and also meet some wonderful people, all knowledgable about herps, locations, and other info. the current president goes on short herping trips himself in the suburbs and is more than happy to direct you!!

When's the next meeting held?
I am only here till next friday then most likely back again in 2 weeks time for a bit more work.

It's on Tuesday night, THIS week, (10th) If you know where the Immigration museum is, it's next to there down an alley, if not sure, pm me,a nd I'll give you the datails.

If I can get away from work at a decent time, I might drop in on the meeting and check it out.

I'll ask Stone more about it when I catch up with him before then.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back