What Do You Collect

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My other main hobby is RC Nitro buggies and truggies. Love the smell, sound and speed of these little monsters.

Old music is so bad, my dad loved it and played all that awful crap like Queen and the Beetles and I felt like ripping my ears off whenever he played it.

Old music is not a genre within itself lol. There are loads of diffrent kinds of old music. I mostly collect old metal, black sabbath, venom, stuff like that. Then i have a whole range of other old rock like AC/DC and the likes, then i dip into glam with motley crue and poison and loads of other stuff. I have everything from Venom, Metallica, Megadeth, Exodus and Slayer to Queen, Warrant, Meat Loaf...just good stuff lol :D Modern music is soo down hill. I can honestly say that since the dawn of the 2000's, there have been hardly any good new bands. Maybe a couple here and there but those are mostly bands reviving the old genres like thrash and black metal. Death metal is probably my favourite genre but with this new "death-core" thing, most of the new bands who THINK they are death metal are actually just a horrible twist on a once awesome genre. Sorry lol, thats my rant for today over :D

i have a few oldies at my parents, loved the records, unfortunatly i dont have the money to spend on them, my dads neighbout had a 30,000 dollar diamond/gold needle, gold ribbon speaker wire, and bout 60,000 worth of speakers and turntable and amp. jealous, tho he owns a record store here on the north coast... dads is just a few grand all up

Lol, thats awesome! my dad counted his record collection recently, it was well into the thousands. I have a few hundred but no where near the amount he does.

lol Ashman you poor soul :p

Lol, i know. I feel like an old man when i start talking about music :p

Old music is not a genre within itself lol. There are loads of diffrent kinds of old music. I mostly collect old metal, black sabbath, venom, stuff like that. Then i have a whole range of other old rock like AC/DC and the likes, then i dip into glam with motley crue and poison and loads of other stuff. I have everything from Venom, Metallica, Megadeth, Exodus and Slayer to Queen, Warrant, Meat Loaf...just good stuff lol :D Modern music is soo down hill. I can honestly say that since the dawn of the 2000's, there have been hardly any good new bands. Maybe a couple here and there but those are mostly bands reviving the old genres like thrash and black metal. Death metal is probably my favourite genre but with this new "death-core" thing, most of the new bands who THINK they are death metal are actually just a horrible twist on a once awesome genre. Sorry lol, thats my rant for today over :D

id almost have to agree there but death metal is a bit raahhhh.... more into hellyeah(southern rock) disturbed ,mudvayne
most new albums are on record nowdays, you just have to go to the right store,

Lol, thats awesome! my dad counted his record collection recently, it was well into the thousands. I have a few hundred but no where near the amount he does.

Lol, i know. I feel like an old man when i start talking about music :p

yeah dad has a big 1.5 x 1 x 1 m chest pretty much full

Old music is so bad, my dad loved it and played all that awful crap like Queen and the Beetles and I felt like ripping my ears off whenever he played it.

Dude your 11 and I am sure your dad hates the music you like. Every generation likes different music. If you think about the older musicians had alot more skill then any of the new bands as the actually had to know how to sing. Now any idiot can sound good because of a computer. Vinyl records have better sound quality then any cd, mp3 as more of the sound is recorded. All the other file types are compressed to fit in a small file and you lose quality of the sound.

Talking about record collection my dad has managed to fill 2 full size rooms with records in cupboards. Wouldn't have a clue how many.

id almost have to agree there but death metal is a bit raahhhh.... more into hellyeah(southern rock) disturbed ,mudvayne

Yeah, thats cool. Im much more taken by the older sounds so those bands dont impact me as much but i have albums by all 3 of them and definatly enjoy them :D

yeah dad has a big 1.5 x 1 x 1 m chest pretty much full

Yeah, my dad has his "shrine" or so he calls it. Its a big cupboard that takes up a whole wall in our house. The first 2 shelvs are just AC/DC memorabilia lol :p

fully papered $79000.jpg
kanemichi.jpg

i collect various dolls & action figures... and books :)

Dude your 11 and I am sure your dad hates the music you like. Every generation likes different music. If you think about the older musicians had alot more skill then any of the new bands as the actually had to know how to sing. Now any idiot can sound good because of a computer. Vinyl records have better sound quality then any cd, mp3 as more of the sound is recorded. All the other file types are compressed to fit in a small file and you lose quality of the sound.

Talking about record collection my dad has managed to fill 2 full size rooms with records in cupboards. Wouldn't have a clue how many.

He was just giving his opinion same as the rest of us.

And awesome! vinyal is one of those things that just seems to pile up lol

Nice and cheap. You can have all my dust at home but you will need to pick it up.

nah s'okay, one of the perks is i get to produce my own :D

but seriously tho, not much of a collector of sorts, at most i'd say cookbooks (yes, i like to cook), most notable some older ones i got from the uni bookfair for like 3$... money well spent

my dad tho has a massive collection of bibles, some vinyl records and old comics (tin tins, asterix & obelix, and one old cowboy comic i forgot whatever it was called)

knowledge
a fairly extensive one i take? ;)

nah s'okay, one of the perks is i get to produce my own :D

but seriously tho, not much of a collector of sorts, at most i'd say cookbooks (yes, i like to cook), most notable some older ones i got from the uni bookfair for like 3$... money well spent

my dad tho has a massive collection of bibles, some vinyl records and old comics (tin tins, asterix & obelix, and one old cowboy comic i forgot whatever it was called)

a fairly extensive one i take? ;)
I used to have the whole Asterix and Obelix collection, mmm, must get them again

lol at collecting husbands ... only went for the one and I've thrown it away!!! lmao!!!
Collections ...... hmmm well I suppose you could say I'm getting a nice collection of Nepenthes and orchids but if you want to count non-living collections - books (mainly reference books as opposed to fiction); shotglasses from around the world; crystals/gemstones from countries visited;harley davidson shirts from countries visited; fabric (which will eventually be made into a corset or something :p )
I buy Asterix books for my Dad :D

Well all you nitro rc, Spartan gear and rum collectors can't top my collection lol .... Australian Pre-decimal and decimal Stamps lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back