Is there actually a albino black headed python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamsMice

Reaction score
Hey is there an albino black headed pyhton or is it fake some people are saying theres not and some are saying yes. Thanks

Hi Michael,

I have seen pics from overseas collections, but do not know of one in Aussie yet, But these days it seems one never knows what is here untill they just happen to surface.

Chers
Ian.

I believe there are some out there...though not many. They look like earth worms lol.

If its overseas chances are we have it...just gotta work on a believable background story when it mysteriously pops up in a collection or just happens to be stumbled across in the bush ;)

Yer that would be so cool to see in real life even if it was overseas but yer I have to agree there probley would be one hidding around here just no ones knows about. I wonder how much it would sell for. But Gona check the video out thanks

Ashman haha they kinda do like like a giant worm, earth worm when you think about it lol

Is it possible to artificial inseminate a python using frozen sperm from an overseas source??
Always wondered this as youd think it be easyer for someone to smuggle that then a snake lol or even easyer to go through red tape to legally import it..

Is it possible to artificial inseminate a python using frozen sperm from an overseas source??
Always wondered this as youd think it be easyer for someone to smuggle that then a snake lol or even easyer to go through red tape to legally import it..

Hey that's is pretty smart thinking would of never thought of that I bet someone will just have to try that lol

Michael maybe one of them stowed away in an undetected vessel comming into northern Australia. LOL* or not.

Cheers mate.

"raver snakes" haha quality comment for that vid, they do look abit odd still prefer the normal BHPs :)

Michael maybe one of them stowed away in an undetected vessel comming into northern Australia. LOL* or not.

Cheers mate.

Oh, don't start me on that. Any small aircraft can fly from PNG to a small, mostly deserted airport like Mareeba. .... And they do!!!!! :lol::lol:
It's not a joke.

Oh I never new they did it with horses and other stuff there you go I learned something lol. I reckon all bhp altogether are just stunning haha

They do it with horses and zoo animals....why not reptiles..

Yah but from what I understand it is under strict quaranteen rules, & does cost a lot of money.
For a multimillion dollar race horse or specific cattle genes, these are the only people who can afford it.

I do know of back in the 90's that some bird breeders were importing birds, but once again very expensive & a mob of time & quaranteen rules. Only the much much more wealthy people can afford to do this & the whole process may take a year or more.

Just info that has been passed onto me anyway.

Cheers
Ian.

Oh, don't start me on that. Any small aircraft can fly from PNG to a small, mostly deserted airport like Mareeba. .... And they do!!!!! :lol::lol:
It's not a joke.

Yah I know this Micheal, but a lot of people do not beliave me. I have said similar things several times to be told I am stupid & to get off the drink.

Anyway on another note, next time you get a photo taken of yourself with your snake, PLEASE put on some jeans to hide your lucky legs. LOL*

Last edited:
Yer it was would take ages to get one overseas to here but it maybe would be worth it if you won the lotto lol

It think the main expense in horse artificial insemination is actually in the cost of the sperm. Those selling from great race horses practically sell the stuff for as much as they would sell the horse. Not saying there are not other costs, not saying it is legal either, just saying as my sister is a horse person and this is the take I have on it.

It think the main expense in horse artificial insemination is actually in the cost of the sperm. Those selling from great race horses practically sell the stuff for as much as they would sell the horse. Not saying there are not other costs, not saying it is legal either, just saying as my sister is a horse person and this is the take I have on it.

It is legal, but with all the disease quaranteen & all, it takes a long time & money to have that all checked out that is diseases pests etc & because you are working with two Gov'ts then you have twice the hold up..
I can understand this from a rural piont of view & I personally think that the Gov't should increase its border patrols & strengthen Quaranteen laws to prevent unwanted diseases or pests into this country as our rural community & wildlife has enough trouble battling pests & diseases as it is at present.

But by all means go through the legal Gov't prosess & have a go.

Cheers
Ian.

so who's volunteering their services as a professional snake milker (of sperm) :)
I can't even wrap my head around that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back