Supposedly a King Brown

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garthy

Reaction score
Got this by email today, had to laugh.
The attached text was "King Brown snake in Branxton NSW"

hahahaha, anyone else seen this rubbish around the traps?fakesnake.JPG

geez thats a massive king brown. a bit far east and south isnt it lol...
massive head for a mulga to.

the problem is people who know nothing will believe it because they think a king brown is big and bad and an eb is nothin to worry about in comparison. the name king makes some think its bigger.

So true, I used to get call-outs here to heaps of "king browns" of course I haven't seen one yet.
One of the kings was in an emptied pool in Gundy, turned out to be a yellow faced whip snake.

I got this in an email today as well... Good for a laugh.

So is it fake people or not?photoshopped like the 55ft python in China?honestly looks cool tho.maybe it's on it's way to pick up the kids from the bus stop.

I want one!

Got just the spot in the front yard – out of sight of the road and down the edge of the path. I reckon I’d have no more hassles with hawkers and canvassers. Although I might have the occasional mess to hose down…

Blue

OK, just going to throw this out there but could it be a BHP? I know they are not in NSW, the pic could have been taken anywhere, but the black head, black strip down its back, lighter shades of brown going towards its belly which appear to be bands like a BHP. The head doesn't look quite right tho but that could just be the angle.
Hubby saw one out near Alpha about 12months ago that went right across the 2 lane highway & off each side a bit. Pretty peeved he did have the camera on hand.

okay so it is real then.wouldn't a scrubby be that big full grown?

Not sure if it is real Sookie, could be photoshopped, real pic but a snake replica/statue or it could be real.

Seen this, this morning and posted it on the aussie pythons facebook wall.. didn't think it was a kingy ..

The reinforced concrete strainer post and angle iron mesh fence in the background is a standard 4 ft high. Using that to (under) estimate the length, it comes out at 21 ft or 6.4 m long.

Nice job except they did not put quite enough oomph into the curves to represent a real snake on the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back