Help! What sort of carpet python is this?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think shellfisch is right with the first guess,im going with that too.......an atherton jungle.nice snake.

What was it sold to you as? Do you have a licence?

Cover that heat lamp asap or you could end up with a seriously injured python. What are the temperatures in your enclosure (hot end and cool end)? Are you using a thermostat?

Last edited:
Cover that heat lamp asap or you could end up with a seriously injured python. What are the temperatures in your enclosure (hot end and cool end)? Are you using a thermostat?

Hi Melissa, I don't use thermostats on any of my enclosures, they have a selected wattage bulb for a hot spot and thats it.
The only thermostats I use are for my hatchy rack and incubator...

As for the species of carpet, I would say its an Eastern Carpet Python......:)

I'd guess Coastal but better pics showing the colour would help. Why don't you know what it is?

Hi Melissa, I don't use thermostats on any of my enclosures, they have a selected wattage bulb for a hot spot and thats it.
The only thermostats I use are for my hatchy rack and incubator...

As for the species of carpet, I would say its an Eastern Carpet Python......:)

Hi SW.

When done properly, set-ups without thermostats can work fantastically. However, in this instance I would be concerned if a thermostat was not in use as the poster seems to be very inexperienced and perhaps does not even know what temperatures are required. I may be incorrect, but by asking the question, hopefully vulcan will clarify and confirm that all is okay.

Last edited:
I'd have to say coastal too - however, picture quality is a bit low - can you take a photo in high light conditions - the noise on this photo makes it very hard to see colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back