Great photography tool.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats pretty cool! Thanks for posting it :)

I was playing around with this last night. It's fun! haha.

what settings would you have it at brad?

Snakelove...Depends on what I'm looking for...whether I want any motion blur. This is a good tool for playing with that too.

Also shows the effects of high ISO (lots of grain). Simulates an SLR pretty well really :)

Snakelove...Depends on what I'm looking for...whether I want any motion blur. This is a good tool for playing with that too.

Also shows the effects of high ISO (lots of grain). Simulates an SLR pretty well really :)

Do you pay attention to the exposure meter when you take shots? Or do you take shots then adjust accordingly?

That was fun, thanks for posting the link.
Got to love digital though, you can take heaps of photos while practising and you don't have to wait to get them developed to see where you went wrong.

Snakelove...I usually always pay attention to the meter, unless I'm dealing with off camera flash, and then things are a bit trickier.The thing is you don't always want it in the middle. That's the point that the camera thinks exposure is correct for the scene without under or over exposing.

This simulator would be even better if it had a spot meter/centre weighted average meter, and matrix. I think those things tend to confuse a lot of people

Snakelove...I usually always pay attention to the meter, unless I'm dealing with off camera flash, and then things are a bit trickier.The thing is you don't always want it in the middle. That's the point that the camera thinks exposure is correct for the scene without under or over exposing.

This simulator would be even better if it had a spot meter/centre weighted average meter, and matrix. I think those things tend to confuse a lot of people

Yeah that's what I've been trying to get better at. I bought the SB-700 and I'm trying to get a good exposure on the subject but also have good ambient light background. I'm also trying to get good lighting on macro work. I just got the Tamron 90mm f2.8 haha, it's so much fun!

What camera are you shooting with mate? I see you live in Bris. I can help you out if you need it.

I haven't had a play with the SB-700 yet, but from everything I've read it's one very nice flash. I went and got myself an SB900 and it's a killer (and have an sb600 too).

Triggering these with the popup flash is fun :D

What camera are you shooting with mate? I see you live in Bris. I can help you out if you need it.

I haven't had a play with the SB-700 yet, but from everything I've read it's one very nice flash. I went and got myself an SB900 and it's a killer (and have an sb600 too).

Triggering these with the popup flash is fun :D

I'm only shooting with a D3100 mate. I should've gotten a D90! haha but that's alright. It's fun to get the basics and then upgrade. I've also got the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 that was the lens that I chose with the body instead of the kit lens. It's awesome hey. Oh I was going to get the SB-900 but then decided to get the 700 as that's all I need at the moment and it can be used as a slave too if I need to in the future. That'd be awesome mate if you could! I'd love to go out sometime with someone more experienced. Definitely take you up on that offer mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back