Feed and Shed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scag

Reaction score
Hi i fed my 2yo female bredli last night, She was a bit more hesitant than usual though she still took and ate the rat fine, though woke up this morning to find that she has shed, Is this out of the ordinary, she seems fine just thought its a bit weird.

Thanks.

Maybe thats why she was hesitant to eat? i know my babies arent the keenest to gobble down dinner when they are just about to shed, i wouldnt worry :)

Some snakes will eat during a shed cycle,some wont go near the food.The only concern is if the food item is too large once it does shed.Ive fed snakes in the past during the sloughing process with no problems.My Aspidities will eat ANYTIME,once they smell the food,there launching out the enclosures..

Nope.it's fine.a few of mine sometimes do the exact same thing.i think it's almost like they stretch to feed,break the dry skin around their mouths and faces and off they go.plus it takes lots n lots of energy to shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back