Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Widdup

Reaction score
I know it’s possible to breed Morelia's in between each other for example Diamond pythons x costal carpet python although these also naturaly occur in the wild.
What I’m wondering is, do Antaresia subspecies naturaly intergrade in the wild???

Or has anyone breed for example a children’s and a spotted together?

The question come to mind; why would anyone want to do that?

The Diamond x Coastals in the wild are Intergrades,totally different the cross breeding the both.I gather alot have bred Anteresias together,especially now the Het and Albinos are around...Bottom line..why would you...

If you breed them together and they produce fertile offspring, then that is more evidence that they are in fact one species (or subspecies). So testing the validity of their cladistic groupings seems like a good reason to me

Ok so now I’ve gathered that they can. But does anyone know or have heard of it naturally occurring in the wild? And also that it would be found upon if done in captivity.

I’m guessing you’re not a fan of these crossing of sub species I’m not ether but my main interest is if the subspecies breed within each other in the wild like a Antaresia childreni came across a Antaresia stimsoni in the wild if that is possible would they mate???

Last edited:
Have a look at stimson's pythons on Pilbara Python's website. Dave has a picture of a snake that is suspected of being a hybrid between a stimsons and a pygmy. However he makes the point that this sort of thing would be a rare occurance.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Plat macs are a wild cross between a Stimsons and a Spotted.

The Diamond x Coastals in the wild are Intergrades,totally different the cross breeding the both.I gather alot have bred Anteresias together,especially now the Het and Albinos are around...Bottom line..why would you...
what do Hets and Albinos have to do with natural intergrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back