Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine are all called something along the lines of:

RSPF1
RSPF2
RSPM1 etc. etc.

Meaning: Rough Scaled Python female/male number 1 and so on for each species and animal kept. Why? Because things would get very confusing otherwise..

My Spotted is called Mort (short for Mortees)
A Budgie called Sulpha cos shes bright yellow
2 cats, Kitty and Twitch
And a tame Magpie called Mags

I've got plans on getting a Inland Beardie and calling him Thrax
Also wanting a Woma or BHP (in the future) and naming it Point Black

Pair of Bredli hatchies named Kano & Kitana (from Mortal Kombat :D)

Diamond- Luigi, thats what his always been know as
Carpet- The bitch, because she is
Beardies- Sidnee(the little baby) and the new female doesnt have a name yet
other snakes...debo, latifa, skittles and the mum and dad dont have names that we can think of, and the 3 new babies dont have names yet either

then we have our other animals
4 dogs (3staffs and a chiwawa x mutt lol)-Bronson, angel, zalia and max
russian blue cat- josie
4 rabbits- only one is named, my first one milton
the turtle is turbo
there are way too many fish to name
the ring neck parrots are cup cake, 50cent, eminem, nicki minaj and lil wayne

ummmmm i think i got them all? lol

the 2 beardies we named zeus and apollo so we kept a bit of a theme going and named most of them after greek gods except for my sons who is mario because hes obsessed with mario bros lol and the turtles the kids named squirt n bubbles wich is funny said quickly and my 5 yr old struck again when he called his cat luigi, and the other cats names are harry (my mums old lmao) and the cat i got when i was 15 i called miss kitty only to get to the vet and find out she was a mr but he was desexed so he came out a miss anyways lol

I have some lizards called spotty for a bluey, sandy for a bearded dragon. Pinky for a pink toungue, brutus a thick tailed gecko and rusty and smithy for my snakes

i have a jungle python that was bought as a pair. her name is naughty and his name is nice. My best friend has him. they got their names due to a member on her commenting on my screen name.

i have a 12 foot carpet called " mittens" ......cause it rhymes with his favourite food item.

My Woma is called Wobbly Woo... I thought it was a fun name, and he is an idiot so it suits him :)

my beardies are sasquatch and gizmo, i named sasquatch because he has always been a lot bigger than gizmo (and the rest of his siblings)
and i named gizmo because he was a crazy midget and ran around eating everything, i also watched gremlins and though "ah"

hey i named my two green tree frogs hopps and barley, and my blue tongue is named bluey pretty original but oh well

I named my first coasta; Abbey after Abbey on NCIS and I named my Lacie Jub-Jub after the iguana on the Simpsons

Well you can now take Hank the siamese fighting fish off my list as he has gone to the fishbowl in the sky:(, not sure what happened, one day he was good, next day fungal infection, treated, dead. But I have named my female bearded dragon that I picked up this week Ginchiyo because she's not just a lizard she's a Tachibana, anyone who has played Warriors Orichi will know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Male and Female Bredli- Romeo and Jeweliette as they are a pair.
Male darwin- Ghost cause hes a 100%HET and will have albino babies.
Male Woma - Clamp because our first meeting was him clamping onto his previous owner .
Female Blonde- Blondie (no explanation needed lol)
Female Woma - Anastasia becuase her parents were Amber and Alistair had to be an A...

And my others were named what seemed to suit theyre personality or colouring..

After a long debate on what to name my little jungle, he has ended up with the name Ramzi.
Hubby wanted to call him bob, then george.
I was looking for a name that meant serpent / snake in ancient egypt, and the response i get it no that sounds funny i dont want you calling him that, BUT his your snake you call him what you want.
Seeing as my little guy has a bit of a temper, and my chef background i thought a fitting name for him would be ramzi (after gordon ramesy)

Male Darwin - Rusty - short for Rusty Nuts, 'cos at 6 months old he's a rusty brown color and he's nuts. Also after a feed he's often refered to as "Fat Bellied Brown Snake".

After hours of researching names and months of thinking I put it to my son (7) and he named them without even batting an eyelid, Mysterio after the wrestler Ray Mysterio that's my lil stimi, and Undertaker another wrestler and my all time fav for my adult coastal :) both fitting names for their characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back