Snake Ranch and thier substrate?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dottyback

Reaction score
Like heaps of people i received the news letter from Snake Ranch, I could not help but wonder what is that substrate they are using for thier hatching and adult pythons?

I have seen this aswell... they have it at my local petstore, i might pick some up next time, it comes in a compressed "mini bale" wrapped in plastic... wasn't too expensive either...

Same had a gander from the email and it does look like fleece to me also....well their skin will be nice n soft from the lanolin.

i remember reading the packet, and i am pretty sure it wasnt fleece or anything, something like newspaper ...

it looks like that usa brand carefresh litter which "is made from cellulose fiber and is an alternative to pine and cedar wood shavings."

Here is the company who makes it...

Absorption Corp

I've just done an exhaustive 5 min internet search (lol) and haven't been able to find an Australian stockists..yet.....but hey! I'm only on my first cup of coffee.

Yep, it is carefresh, I asked when I picked up my snake- sort of a soft pressed paper. They said that the hatchlings seemed to be feeding better this year with this substrate. My little woma seems to love it, as he can burrow under.

I dont use it tried it and if when the snake is eating a mouse or rat thats defrosted the cardboard stuff sticks to it dont know if it causes and problems but i wouldnt risk it. plus one of my angry jungles got a tiny peice of it stuck in one of his pits till he shed wouldnt it come out plus everytime he struck at anyone walking past he'd get a bit stuck in his mouth not fun to remove. more trouble than its worth IMO anyway other people may like it but not for me. For those that do want it in brisbane PET CITY, and the pet shop at garden city sell it.

I think we must have all been wondering the same thing. I just googled "carefresh bedding" & came up with a few stores online but the RSPCA site has all the different sized packs listed. Don't know if I can post the link or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back