***** FREE ***** Online Reptile Magazine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VHS1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Odatria Issue 9 is out now!!

The Victorian Herpetological Society's online newsletter is now available for everyone to download FREE at www.vhs.com.au

Enjoy!

Cool and thanks! I'll have a read when I have a bit more time.

Thanks for the comments guys.
There is plenty of photos of the 2011 VHS Reptile & Amphibian Expo in this issue to check out.

If your interested, here is a short video of the day-
YouTube - 2011 VHS EXPO

Maybe yous should consider putting it as a app on a iPad or iPhone I would download it

Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

Dotty, as you know I'm only a co-editor of Odatria & not involved with the committee & its associated politics.
All I will say is I believe the committee has exausted every other avenue to find Gary, even if it were for him to defend himself.

While I will pass on this feedback, if anyone has any questions or feedback that they wish to go directly to the VHS committee, it's best to email [email protected]

Cheers,
Andrew Owen

Excellent free magazine.. thanks for letting us know the new issue is out..

I finally got around to reading this. Andrew can I just say thank you very much for the in-depth reptile rack guide. I will hopefully be needing one of these this year and will definitely be filing this issue away for use when I need it.

Very good read,thanks to all at VHS !

Good read all in all, fairly sure the snake involved in the Gingin bite was confirmed as a Brown though.

Thanks again for the feedback everyone.
saximus, I hope that article helps you and you can improve on it again with your rack!

Can we subscribe?

You can become a VHS member, probably not that convenient from the Gold Coast.
Otherwise, all 9 issues are available to download from the website, free.
I encourage you to become a member of your local herp society though!

In response to some of the negative feedback regarding the Gary Cahill situation, I asked our president if he would like to respond & he sent me the following message-

Post this if you wish Andrew. It is in response to the comments re Gary Cahill. This is my one and only response.
Gary Cahill was one of two applicants that submitted a response to an advert that the VHS put out for the position of VHS coordinator for our last expo. Both applicants sounded quite promising and Gary was selected out of the two. In good faith we paid $2,000 up front to get the ball rolling. To cut a long story short, we believe that we were getting no where with the expo planning, he did not respond to any emails, text messages or phone calls for a lengthy period. It was decided to part company with him as if we continued in this vein we would be putting the expo at risk.
We contacted him re giving us the $2,000 back and got a negative response. We put the matter in the hands of VCAT ( The Victorian Cival and Administrative Tribunal ) and the case was awarded in our favour for the full $2,000.
This was not my money, it belonged to the members of the VHS. No, I don't have a personal vendetta against Cahill nor am I airing dirty laundry. The members have a right to know what happened to their money and who did a runner with it. Yes, there may be two sides to every story and Cahill had the opportunity to voice his.
Regards Brian Barnett

Last edited:
Given the circumstance I think Brian was quite restrained here.

As a long standing member of the VHS who has always paid his dues, donated generously when I could and purchased at the auctions a lot of stuff that I am not sure I really wanted.... I would very much like to see the VHS get some of the 2 grand back and see it used towards the next Expo - which I think Brian is running (again) so I know it will be done right!

Hmmm?

Maybe the VHS should learn how to use a telephone! Instead of posting nonsense on a forum. I call gary all the time without issue and there are most definately two sides to this story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back