Green Tree Python Stolen, SECOND theft in as many months.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpentor

Reaction score
So I got home from a week in Sydney today to find the door of my snake room open, and my GTP stolen.

Just in March, I had 3 of my bearded dragons stolen from my property, but even though they were hidden from view, and only friends knew about them, they were still outside. This is different. These bastards have broken into my house and stolen nothing but this one snake. It's definitely a collector. If it was kids, like was suggested last time, they wouldn't have been so exact about it. If it was a common thief, they would have found plenty of other stuff in the house that's much easier to steal and more valuable.

Here is the link of the original theft. Stolen White Phase Bearded Dragons! - Aussie Pythons & Snakes

If anyone is buying a GTP in the next few weeks, please look at this thread first, and check out the pictures, once I get them up.

I am currently waiting for the police to come round. They pulled one print last time, but they had to have left more evidence this time.

Well let's see if the cops can get something and link it to the last one. Terrible luck btw, absolute scum whoever did it and I feel sorry for you. Best of luck

well im sure that karma will come back on them tenfold but its a shame mate how did they get in so easily if i had a snake of that value...
I would honestly more or less have an electric fence around it...
not to jump to conclusions but may i suggest its most likely somebody you have brought over to look at the enclosure....

id be investing in an alarm system... with beautiful snakes that i could only dream of getting id be keeping them under lock and key! maybe even get a security camera.. so u can figure out who the culprit is..or at least get an id on them.. good luck! i hope they catch the mongrel..

that sucks mate. Unfortuneatly it has to be someone that has been there before and knew you were away. Its sad you have to close off collection from people for fear scumbags will invade your personal space and steal thing of importance from you.
Hence myself putting in a security system with camera's at my place, they may get in and steal your pride and joy as a system will only keep honest people out but at least you can put a face on the scumbags........

Best of luck mate......

Last edited:
How come snakes get stolen so often? How do the people even get in!

steal and sell
alot of things get stolen because that person either cant afford it or wants money for it
its all jealousy and hopefully karma will get them
IMO why bother stealing a snake seriusly

sorry to hear about this mate has to be the worst feeling ever, mum makes me lock my tanks as i have a bad record with leaving door open.. but i guess there is another positive to them. every year some one posts about having an animal stolen such a shame to hear, hope the police can get a link and catch the sad ***** that did this.
Sorry Luke

That sucks badly. I hope the police can do something for you.

im a bit sus on letting people see the extent of my collection when im selling things dont know if you have done many sales from home but it something i always have in mind..

Really hope they catch whoever did it and if there is any possibility, you get your python back. Sounds like someone who knew what you had and knew you were away. Again best of luck.

pic of the animal is in an album on my profile, cant link atm but its there

Yeah, it has to be someone I know, or someone who has mentioned it to others.

Unfortunately, my house is incredibly hard to secure. It's a very old house, and locking the doors would serve no purpose but to waste money, as they would find a way in. As they say, locks are so easy to overcome and are only there to keep honest people honest.

I was about to invest in a security camera, but I hadn't had time since the last incident to research brands/methods properly and save up. I was also going to move the snakes into another room as soon as I got back, but hindsight is 20/20. Also if they wanted to get into any room in the house they could, if they were determined enough.

So they've had to touch quite a few surfaces in order to get the snake out. They've opened the lock on the enclosure itself (only there to keep the snake in, as the keys are always left in it). They've taken one of his branches out, presumably because he was coiled on it. They have also used my snake hook and left it sitting half out of the enclosure. Not to mention all the surfaces they would had to have touched to get in in the first place.

Forensics is probably coming out again tomorrow to lift prints, and the constable said maybe even DNA, which surprised me.

im a bit sus on letting people see the extent of my collection when im selling things dont know if you have done many sales from home but it something i always have in mind..
Yeah, I never let people see them. Only a few friends know about them and have seen them.

seriously messed up man i would be a wreak if i where you!

I hope the police catch the person who did it and you get you GTP back

Just wondering can you insure snakes against theft?

BTW dont bother with locks and camera's get yourself a big mean scary dog

Dam, mate that is harsh. Really bad stuff.
Much worse that it is most likely someone you know.
Hope they get the #*&^% and you get your python back.

That's exactly what i was gonna say.but you don't need a big dog persay.get yourself a staffy or two.two work well together,pack like.combined with serious lockjaw and a very protective attitude towards their homes and owners you can't go wrong.my staffy would let you in the front,enen wag and smile at you,you could even knock on the door.....he was still cool.but the minute you went to go down the front steps to leave he was a changed dog........had my best friend bailed up one day for five hrs.on the front porch.get a few staffies.

put a fake green tree python in a cage nd put a real death adder in there
that will sort them out

Sorry to hear - hope it works out for you somehow.

Cameras and other security measures (locks, alarm system and monitoring) are at least a good deterrent I think, and worth investing in if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back