Poo eater!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

I'm sure I've found a thread on this, somewhere, but, has anyone ever caught their snakes eating fresh fecal material (like I just did with my male Mulga) and what, if any, were the consequences? He can't be hungry again, I only fed him three days ago.

My dogs used to LOVE pademelon poo when we lived in Tassie. Up in QLD they don't like Kangaroo poo. Same dogs, lol.

well i cant say iv ever layed a big steamer in any of my enclosures but I'll go try and see if anything eats it

An adult male BHP of mine does this regularly with no apparent detrimental impact on his health. Bloody disgusting creature though!

^ yess ewwwww

and no cant say Ive ever caught ANY of mine doing that , Did you stop him/her or just let him/her go ??? I think I would have had to stop that ! .lol

I wasn't going to put my hand near the pointy end of this little fella in any case, the poo in his mouth just shut the gate on the deal:)!

An adult male BHP of mine does this regularly with no apparent detrimental impact on his health. Bloody disgusting creature though!

Thanks Minka. I vaguely recall someone posting something a while back about a Copperhead doing the same thing. I just hope this dosen't become a habit. So that's the BHP you bring out for a cuddle when you don't like the person:)?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Copraphagia is the technical name for this behavior. Pretty phenomenal that some people (and animals) can actually eat excrement, human or otherwise. Just the simple thought of it is disturbing. I couldn't imagine how putrid and sickening the taste would be. Ewwww!

Mulgas and collett's are well known for it

Thanks Scott,

Something to look forward to then, as I have both species.

Benjamind, I guess, if there's a technical term for it already, everyone must be doing it:)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back