Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i live in cranbourne on a big preperty.... there are alot of places to find skinks,frogs and snakes..... i most likely hav tigers and coppers and even possibly white lipped or small eyes here.
we see snakes alot in summer and we arnt even looking for them.
i suspect there a few wicked places here to find the lil fellas. but i need some one to help me move the tin and corrugated iron. i cant move the stuff on my own as its got over grown grass etc.

so i was thinking if any one wants to come over and go looking around the property ..would be awesome/ we have a few different types of frogs ..i do not know species.

sounds like a plan

thats so cool! haha, i live around nunawading in the eastern suburbs, so i dont really see much. we should get a group together to go herping, cause im new as well. cheers

i live in cranbourne on a big preperty.... there are alot of places to find skinks,frogs and snakes..... i most likely hav tigers and coppers and even possibly white lipped or small eyes here.
i suspect there a few wicked places here to find the lil fellas. but i need some one to help me move the tin and corrugated iron. i cant move the stuff on my own as its got over grown grass etc.

so i was thinking if any one wants to come over and go looking around the property ..would be awesome/ we have a few different types of frogs ..i do not know species.

I'd be in.

If not where's the BEST herping spot in Vic?

Although it largely depends on what you want to see. North-west Vic is hands down the best herping in Victoria. Alps and east Gippsland are also good.

alps are even better when you go to a spot that someone else figured out and you do better them..ya .......

I go to westefolds park too! Small world hey, i went they're not too long ago for my first herping trip and found two really nice blotched blueys. No snakes though, it was probably a bit to late in the season. Its a great place to go because there is a small creek and its a protected wildlife park, and its good for me i only live 5 mins away :)

thats so cool! haha, i live around nunawading in the eastern suburbs, so i dont really see much. we should get a group together to go herping, cause im new as well. cheers

I live around the same area.

I'd be up for it too, would be great to meet people in Melbourne area who wanna go herping

I'd be up for it too, would be great to meet up with people in Melbourne area who wanna go herping, have seen a few White-lipped Snakes around but still have got to get a photo of one, they seem to be getting rarer in the suburbs, probably because of damn cats. Am interested to see what frog species you have on your property as well

Last edited:
I know its probably a bit far for those in Melbourne, but the Mallee has the highest diversity and best chance of seeing something cool.

I have found a good healthy looking blue tongue at work under a pallet. Long neck turtle on the driveway and heaps of spotted and striped marsheys around tbe premises. Thats in spotswood. Newport lakes I've seen blueys and some skinks.

I've only ever seen a few skinks around Geelong but apparently there is snakes. I should probably get my permit and start advertising for people to call me if they see one..... Plenty of Spotted and Striped Marshys around here too. I hear other frogs in various places too. Also seen a couple of Green and Golden Bell Frogs.... I think..... They could be something else but I'm pretty sure that's what they were. I could dig up a photo of one and where I saw it. I went there yesty actually and got REALLY depressed because it used to be this amazing place and now it's been ruined. Sad. But yeah. I'm more than keen to meet up with people and have a look around anywhere. Fairly willing to travel too!

i have a couple good spots on the mornington peninsula and over bass coast...

There are a couple of good places to see White Lipped Snakes. One's Mount Dandenong, the other's a reserve near the sea (I'll have to check that one), and I believe they can be found in the Otways, too. I've still yet to actually see one though, and I really want to! In actual Melbourne, along the Yarra you can see Blue Tongues, Tiger Snakes, East Gippsland Water Dragons, turtles, and a small variety of skinks and marbled geckos. It's a pretty rich area! There's a White's (?) skink reserve near the Melbourne Zoo. I've heard a bunch of marsh frogs and pobblebonks in Melbourne inner city, too. In the Dandenongs/Lilydale/Mt Evelyn/Seville I've also seen tonnes of Black Snakes, Blueys and a variety of different frogs. I could be up for a Melbourne Herp meet if one's happening.:)

your blacks in the dandenongs are most like Copperheads

Really? Pitch black with a reddish-creamy belly? It's been several years since I've seen one due to living in the city, but I was sure they were RBBs. Gotta find one and make certain now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back