Green Tree Python Stolen, SECOND theft in as many months.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh!! I would be devastated. There has beethefts in my area and am paranoid now. My husband has installed an alarm thank goodness but it's a shame that we have to go to such lengths. :-( I hope they got prints today and maybe they can catch these home invaders.

That really sucks, and such a pretty snake as GTP, I would be devastated! :( Hope you get those douche bags!! >:

With the process of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) a tiny sample of DNA is all that is required to replicate the strands enough to produce testable quantities. As Jeannine said a sample for comparison is required to formulate a match.

34786_465444036678_639726678_6320685_6332218_n.jpg
this is the sweet little man in question, 'he' hadn't been sexed though although his breeders took DNA samples at hatchies to see if they could sex them that way, so perhaps they know what sex he is? this was taken in May of 2010 so he will be bigger now but it the most accurate picture we have of his colour.

number5.jpg

He's a bit older now, so he's lost most of his yellow, and he's a bit darker green, but he still has the bluish nose and the white spots.

eep, sorry guys, i havent seen thsi snake is about six months so i didn't know about the change in colour. he's serpentors snake by the way, not mine.

Having your animals stolen once is bad enough, but then for it to happen again and so soon really sucks. I hope the snake bites the crap out of him and that he gets caught. :(

if you suspect anyone you know.. you should pay them a visit and pluck a hair off their shirt or something.. then give it to the cops.. lol.. you never know.. you might get a hit! or just really angry friends..

having a print or dna is no good unless you have a sample to compare it to.. if this person has never been in the prison system no dna will be available, if they have never been charged no prints will be available either.. camera's,pitbulls & mantraps are the best...

My mate use to breed a lot of different snakes & people just ring up & try to get his address so he use to sell them from his parents house so no one knows where he keeps them

Definitely going to be installing cameras. Not much good now though, since they didn't deem my other snakes worthy of stealing.

Lmfao... Everyone here watches too much CSI. You really think pigs are going to bother with DNA samples over a stolen python?

Definitely going to be installing cameras. Not much good now though, since they didn't deem my other snakes worthy of stealing.

Seriously mate, it's obviously someone you know that is in on it. Any snake that is FS in the area you should inquire about (use a private number) and go and check it out.

PCR isnt that hard... ive already done it a few times myself! it is a little tedious though.. if the cops have a dna sample from the scene of the crime, and you provide samples of people you suspect, you might be able to find the culprit.. however it is a bit of trial and error and im sure the cops wont give you the time of day.. so yea do what kawasakirider and i said.. inquire around town saying you are looking to buy a GTP and see if someone contacts you, get them to send a pic, and if you definitely think its yours, contact the cops..

the one benefit if they do get a print or dna is that if they do finally get caught....all their crimes come back to haunt them.......

I know it doesnt bring your baby back but the moment they slip up they will get hit with the lot...thats what happened to the people who broke into our house.

Also something worth looking at...there is a new alarm system that has cameras and speakers.....that beam to your iphone....so if someone breaks in you can see them....and speak to them...and ask the politely to leave !!!!!!!!!

So this idiot is in your house...your mobile rings...you have a live stream coming to your mobile and you can then speak to them....absolutely mad !!

I know because of sponsorship on the forum I cant name the place I saw it...but if anyone wants to know just PM me and ill tell you.

We are just waiting for our builders to finish and are going to be looking into it in detail as a system we are going to install at our house.

I ma so sorry for your loss....really really sad and the thing the cops dont seem to get is that your baby is as important as a diamoond ring being stolen....they dont get that....

my friend came home one night and found someone trying to get in is shed which is his reptile room, lets just say they are never gonna try it again after he was finished with them.

If they did take it to sell it the smart thing would be to take it to a different state.not too mant gtp's get offered here in SA,will keep an eye open around Adelaide and the hills,if anyone has one for sale.........well i can get the snake back and have a few of my boys deal with em or .........you want in on the beating?hahahahahahaahahahhaha.

if the person plans on keeping it, they will need to buy food for it. go to all your local pet shops and ask them to keep an eye out for any newbies or people who have recently acquired a GTP.

if the person plans on keeping it, they will need to buy food for it. go to all your local pet shops and ask them to keep an eye out for any newbies or people who have recently acquired a GTP.

Someone who neglected to grab any snake other than the GTP obviously know's it's something special. I doubt they're gunna brag about it around town.

After the 1st stolen reptiles WHY wasnt the security sorted out.If anyone tryed to break in here,it would be the last time..Its ashame but the only thing we can do is keep quiet what we own,You dont hear many breeders bragging what they do-dont own for security reasons.I wouldve learned my lesson the last time.I suspect its someone you told-friend,more then likely they have found out what there worth,and now trying to sell it.Its ashame as i cant see the perpertrader caring for it in a proper way..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back