Amyae

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dihsmaj

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
According to section 3.1.1 of http://new.dpi.vic.gov.au/agricultu...ce-animal-welfare/private-keeping-of-reptiles ;
'Minimum floor area for 2 adult specimens = 2.5L x 2.0L (L = length of longest specimen); for each additional specimen add 20% to the area.'

This would mean one Nephrurus amyae would go well in a 37.5cm cubed enclosure yes?
Also before you ask I have googled it and found a few caresheets. The one that gave me the most info was by someone that had one for less than a year... so you can tell why I need confirmation.

Last edited:
I keep mine in a 45cm cube, and he hardly uses it so it should be fine.
Buy the book Keeping and Breeding Australian Lizards or Keeping and breeding australian gecko's, very helpful books.

My Amyae is in a 3 foot tank at the moment but he is moving into something a bit smaller.. as like James has said they barely use the space.. going to save my big tank for something a bit bigger =] So I would say a minimum of a 2 foot tank or for a click clack set up 30L tub :)

i keep mine in a 4x2 footer, but very soon they're getting upgraded to a double story 4x2 footer with a ramp leading from the bottom to the top, enclosure is made, just waiting fro the last one that finishes off my herp room so i can do the change over in one very busy weekend.

cant wait to see their faces when they see their new palace!!!! (jks)

mine use every cm of their space, including climbing the pegboard back wall,....

I'd say 2 foot for an adult amyae. Smaller nephrurus sp. could be less. I've got a 45cmx35cm tank for my levis, could maybe fit an amyae :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back