Spencers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That spencers has a really long tail? And different patterning

I'm guessing he'll grow into it? the patterning looks pretty standard from all other hatchling pics I've seen?

That pic is with camera flash

This without:
P1010246.jpg

IMG_9337 (2).jpgall the ones ive seen there tails are shorter than the body, and also have the broad bands, who bred yours? if you dont mind me asking??

Last edited:
I honestly dont know who bred mine... got him from Gully Reptile Centa in Adelaide. There were 4 other spencer hatchlings there that he had gotten in from somewhere. Had to wait 2 months for mine

Timcot one light heat source is fine for a young monitor no need have several differnt heat sources or uv light

I think the difference in banding is due to locale. The N.T Spencers seem to have the thick bands while the Qld form have the narrow bands. Maybe some one who has actually been up there could shed some light on this?

I have seen patterns like that but never a spencers with such a long tail. Not saying it is, but it looks almost like a bit of Panoptes/gouldi has snuck in. :)

The patterning is fine and exactley the same as the spencers monitors i have found in QLD, altho i have to aggree that tail is abnormaly long,

ill post up some more pics of him for you guys lol

P1010257.jpg

P1010260.jpg

P1010254.jpg

He is just starting to shed, he is eating around 3 full pinkys every 2 days and woodies/crickets are always on offer. VERY active haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back