Golden Crowns!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeluvver2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Sydney today!
Here's my new additions!
Feeding these will be "fun".
Their "telescopic" bluff is awesome and the colours are amazing!
Very happy with these little fellas.
140520111185.jpg

140520111184.jpg

It's not very pleasant when you get bitten by adults! I've heard stories of intense pain and passing out. But yer not much info on that really.

Very nice, one of my favorite elapids.
Its not all bluff, they will bite no problem at all. As a hatchy, they won't even pierce skin, but after a year or two they should be treated with some respect and yeah a bite from one thats got the ability to pierce skin (whatever age that may be), should be treated seriously.
Hope you don't me putting up a photo as well. they are a great looking little snake.
What are you feeding him on? Is he feeding voluntarily?
I have found that the Kitties crumble substrate is good for these guys, as it holds some moisture and they can burrow down in it through the day, like they would do in the wild.

Attachments

• 31102010887.jpg
    31102010887.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 31102010881.jpg
    31102010881.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 31102010863.jpg
    31102010863.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 119
Hey Cement!

No i don't mind the pics at all!
Atm i am feeding them rodent tails but they aren't doing it voluntarily although it is easier then some other stuff I'e kept.

i have caught dozens of these snakes and never ever had one try and bite and couldnt never even get one to bite.
ive heard of one bite ever off a very large captive,you would have heard the storey off the guy you bought yours off.
There mouths are so small and fangs so tiny.There class 1 for a reason

Oh wow yeah I just checked the species list. So I can own some!
Jannico weren't you getting some other stuff this weekend as well?

Lol I have caught dozens as well, and it is the only elapid I have ever been bitten by. Free handling, under the impression that they didn't bite. But I have very calloused hands from 25 years of building and it couldn't get through my skin where it got me.

Fed them today!
It only took a grand total of five minute.
I thought one was going to take a tail after I just placed in it's mouth so I placed him down on the ground to see.
Wrong move haha.

Cheers mate!
Well I got bored of pythons (still love them though). Today one moved. It was exciting!

hahaha lol yer loving my monitors atm same reason, pythons are in the same hide they were in last year haha:p

can you keep these on a normal licence?
ps: you are so lucky :)

Thanks!
Trench yes you can keep these on a Recreational License. But the aren't exactly a beginner snake.
I'd start of with some colubrids like Tree Snakes or Brown Tree Snakes, then move onto something like these guys. I learnt a lot from Tree Snakes: weaning from geckos/skinks to fish to rodents, assist feeding, handling faster more agile snakes and keeping in groups (I have mine in pairs).

I still don't know how I am going to keep these golden crowns alive in the warmer months...as they tend to die if it gets above 30 degrees. So I was thinking about putting there tub inside a another tub that was water in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back