my snake isn't eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jayce

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i have a children's python and its a yearling, i keep it at 30 oC in the day and turn the heat off at night. it has been feeding well since i got him but in the last month its just stopped. im hopping it has something to do with that its winter some one plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!:|:|:|:|:|

Winter.
Heat it 24/7 if you want it to continue to feed and it may take some feeds over winter.

Where are you Jayce?
I certainly would not be turning off the heat at all.

Snakes brumate ;)

Yep that they do! Its a shame people dont have a clue when it comes to husbandry of the animals they keep

i have a children's python and its a yearling, i keep it at 30 oC in the day and turn the heat off at night. it has been feeding well since i got him but in the last month its just stopped. im hopping it has something to do with that its winter some one plz help me!!!!!!!!!!!:|:|:|:|:|

Research the Antaresia Genus and you will be amazed what you may learn about what your keeping

I agree with Beeman... really this sort of question should not need to be asked. Really basic knowledge of snakes will tell you if you turn off heat at night in autumn the snake will be too cold to be able to digest food, so won't eat.

i live in sydney and i will turn the heat back on

dont leave a light on if thats what you use. get a heat mat or cord for night time. unless it just a het light with no actual brightness.

i have a heat mat and a light turn the light off at night maby???

Yeah keep the heat on and it will keep eating, because if its too cold the snake will refuse to eat so the food won't risk becoming rotten in the stomach...

you should not use the light at night. still need to have a day night cycle. just leave the heat mat on at night. nothing too crazy hot, just a good warmth if it wants it. and not covering the whole floor

I have been having heating concerns also, being in Sydney it gets so cold at night.. But I think I'm getting a handle on it, I use a mat and heat lamp for my stimi (with a couple of diff thermometers) and a mat for my coastal, he is moving into his new enclosure very soon which has a ceramic heat emitter running on a thermostat, but I have been getting my google on and is very interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back