Spotted Python - Need Some Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knickers19

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My girlfriends 3 month old spotted python over the last couple of days has been showing signs that its about to shed... When looking at it earlier, we realised that its chin is expanding everytime it breathes... And every now and then it will make a clicking sound.... And she has been hiding all day....

Are these signs of shedding or something else.... Like an RI...?

PLEASE HELP.....

Last edited:
yea im no expert on snake but i do have a 6 month spotted that is currently about to shed and their scales will get a bit cloudy (i assume that is the scales separating) and yes i have seen my snakes chin sagging so i do think you have anything to worry about
also when it is sheding time i heard if u up the humidity a tiny bit it van help the sheding process

When was last shed? I have had both my adult and 6 month old spotteds shed within the last week,both high temps and good sheds.My 6 month previous shed last on the 22nd march.

When was last shed? I have had both my adult and 6 month old spotteds shed within the last week,both high temps and good sheds.My 6 month previous shed last on the 22nd march.

We dnt know cause we only bought her 2-3 weeks ago....

Would help you greatly if you had some history,feeding ,shedding,previous probs.What have temps been?,mine 32-26. What is feed schedule,every 7 days? did she have time to settle in when you first got her?

Would help you greatly if you had some history,feeding ,shedding,previous probs.What have temps been?,mine 32-26. What is feed schedule,every 7 days? did she have time to settle in when you first got her?

Yeah 7 days... and she settled in for 2 weeks... temps 34- 26... So yeah... We bought it from Gully reptile Centa...

I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you...I don't have any experience with R.I.

Oh and I bought my spotted from gully centa and haven't had any problems at all but I do know that they wouldnt have sold you a snake with R.I. They're pretty thorough with that kind of thing.

yeah thats right... i will ring them up tomorrow and just ask and see what they think... Thanks for your help ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back