feeding jungles?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trench

Reaction score
Will 24c be hot enough for them to digest their food?

30-32 dg hot spot, If its a cold as 24dg you run the risk of the feed item rotting before it can digest which can leed to other complications for the snake.

This sort of thing is basic husbandry knowledge and should of been sought well before the snake was purchased!

I suggest you get hold of a couple of good books, 1 is Keeping And breeding Australian Pythons by Mike Swan and 2 is Keeping Carpet Pythons by Darren Green and Simon Kortlang.

Read them and it will help you with 99% of your husbandry requirements.

As Beeman suggested,32-34c in the warm end will be sufficent.If the snake hasnt got a nice warm spot after feeding it can rot in the stomach with serious problems occuring,if not a dead snake.

Thanks for that,
I am cooling them but some breeders have told me just reduce the amount of food when cooling them

Nah that information is incorrect. If you're not giving them enough heat to digest their food then all you're gonna have is problems

30-32 dg hot spot, If its a cold as 24dg you run the risk of the feed item rotting before it can digest which can leed to other complications for the snake.

This sort of thing is basic husbandry knowledge and should of been sought well before the snake was purchased!

I suggest you get hold of a couple of good books, 1 is Keeping And breeding Australian Pythons by Mike Swan and 2 is Keeping Carpet Pythons by Darren Green and Simon Kortlang.

Read them and it will help you with 99% of your husbandry requirements.

I have Keeping and Breeding Australian pythons, and I did my research befor I got them. This is my first year breeding.

Thanks saximus, I thought that it was incorect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back