salamanders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanG

Reaction score
hey guys seen two salamanders at a local petshop today and am wondering if they are legal here cheers,
Jordan

they are just morphed axolotls. They are legal.
Tigers and things like that which grow massive are not legal.

If they were in a petshop, then no :)

... tho it occurs to me that you might mean adult form axolotls?

EDIT: Ha, beat me to it m00x!

Yeah it probably does, but considering we can't keep exotic inverts, reptiles or amphibians the laws about axolotyls should be pretty tight.

theyre not illegal I own two !! They are just morphed axolotls as Moox said... and they are lovely , Just dont use pebbles as substrate I had to take one of mine to the vet cause it tried to eat a pebble and it got stuck in its mouth . And mine were $15-$20ea

I was assuming that the OP was not just talking about metamorphosed axolotls, and meant other species of salamander, even newts, which you see occasionally.

Those prices for 'axolotl' salamanders seem much cheaper than you used to see them.

There were a couple for sale at the Hawkesbury Herps show for $150 each! thought that seemed a bit steep.

We have had them before and are sold to us as "salamanders" but are merely as stated axolotils that have been morphed. I am not aware of them being illegal. Are these Axolotil morphs illegal in some states? You could get Axolotil for $15 but I don't think you would get people doing all the work to morph them and sell them for the same? I could be wrong though $15 for a morphed Axolotil would be a very very good price. Probably not an accurate term but they are referred to sometimes as an Australian Salamander.
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back