Please help identify this snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agnagle

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was out climbing today and found this snake. Does anyone know what kind of snake it is?
P1020239.jpgP1020240.jpg

Thanks,
Anthony

Last edited:
yeah as Dan40D said it definitely looks like a high yellow diamond =]

I'm probably wrong but that looks SO much like a Coastal/Diamond intergrade.

I found it in the Watagans National Park near Gap Creek Falls lookout.
Thanks for identifying it for me. I thought it could have been a Diamond python but was a bit cautious when I saw it. My mate wanted to pick him up though.

Ok yes I was joking it is a diamond python.

Dont think its a intergrade, just looks like a standard (but very attractive) yellow diamond.

I agree, standard diamond. Thats why I was interested to know where it came from. It gives a fair indication as to whether it would be an intergrade or not. To my knowledge the Watagans would be a bit far south for intergrades?

I found it in the Watagans National Park near Gap Creek Falls lookout.
Thanks for identifying it for me. I thought it could have been a Diamond python but was a bit cautious when I saw it. My mate wanted to pick him up though.
I agree, standard diamond. Thats why I was interested to know where it came from. It gives a fair indication as to whether it would be an intergrade or not. To my knowledge the Watagans would be a bit far south for intergrades?

Yes I agree that Watagans south of Newcastle would be too far south for integrade. That colour is very standard of Watagans Diamonds.

When asked for a location please do not be so specific say the Watagan range or just Watagan NP, there are heaps and heaps of trusty people on here but it is not like there is anything to stop people from signing up with the intention of poaching snakes illegally. Although the Watagans being close ish to Sydney is probably pretty well known by now, keep it in mind in future please.

Defiantly a Diamond,however i found-keeped Intergrades with as much yellow as that one.Location is the main priority..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back