What camera's do you use for shooting your reps?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyBeardieLover

Reaction score
Hey guys :D

I'm looking into getting a new camera but something i love to do the best is take photos of my reps and wild reps and just in general the wildlife :D Anyway...i don't want an SLR i want a nice digital camera but i really want one that takes a good quality picture...so what would you reccomend?

Thanks in advance!

cant go past a nikon P5100(or similar) or a g4 cannon or if your real fluch with cash get a leica any of these 3 are crackers, just enough tweaks in them to pump out good shots
but small enough for a pocket except the leica, the lenses poke out a bit on them.
i have used all 3 and imo the nikon and the leica are the best. :)
hope it helps

A DSLR.........sorry had to say that:)
Stick to a name brand like Canon or Nikon.......The higher the price the higher the gadgets and quality.

Thanks mate thats great :) hehe that rhymed...i think the nikon looks great :D i'll have a look into it :) thanks again and any more suggestions would be great guys!

N.A.T.O ...does the nikon use a chargable battery?

I use a Nikon D60 with a standard 18-55mm lens, that's a few yrs old now but works pretty well....pics in albums if you'd like to see what the results are. Im still learning :)

Check if it has a memory card,most brands either don't have them or only small ones,so you might have to add this as one of the extras to pay for.

Don't use a digital zoom, they just enlarge the pixels. Make sure it has an optical zoom.

optical zoom ok :) thanks everyone for the help!!!

woody101 i'll have a look at that!

Thanks mate thats great :) hehe that rhymed...i think the nikon looks great :D i'll have a look into it :) thanks again and any more suggestions would be great guys!

N.A.T.O ...does the nikon use a chargable battery?

yeah and you can get a few on ebay(batterys) cheap as
dont forget leica though, its an extremely popular brand its just not
on tv every day they rarely do ads
also i love sony their Alpha serries are bloody rippers
they bought out minolta so all the old minolta lenses work on them
and they have steady shot built in no need
to pay an extra 1000 for VR lenses :)

wow so many choices everyone hehhe :)

i am so bad with cameras...what is the difference with DSLRS and SLRS? I don't want one with a massive lense but i want one that takes good photos i have and olympus FE-280 and i don't know why but it is horrible! No offence but it takes the worst photos :(

I had a great camera before I drowned it in saltwater. Now I have a cheapy but it is waterproof. Now that will be the one I take on my kayaking trips and I am saving up for another good one.

Waterrat you can have her, I have my fantasy for an assistant...actually he is very good with photography and video and he loves taking girls up for tandem paragliding. Nobody here would know him so I don't need to give anymore details....hehe

i have gone away from the cannon and nikons lately and bought a sony A850 dslr, value for money for a full frame 35mm i dont think you can beat it. but if ya looking at a buget the a500's are pretty sweet to.
Cheers D

i have gone away from the cannon and nikons lately and bought a sony A850 dslr, value for money for a full frame 35mm i dont think you can beat it. but if ya looking at a buget the a500's are pretty sweet to.
Cheers D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back