Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First gecko is 100% O.robusta

The frog is Litoria nannotis as said. Do you know what species of bar frog it was it is extremely easy to tell apart based on groinal colouring and bar patterns?
Skink number two is not a water skink as someone else said but a member of the Egernia genus. Skink 3 and 4 are E.freri as someone said.

The scrubbie is a scrubbie, the small eyed is a small eyed.

holy crap those are some amazing finds! Love the scrubbie and jungle, thats a jungle that even a top breeder would want in their collection.

First gecko is 100% O.robusta

The frog is Litoria nannotis as said. Do you know what species of bar frog it was it is extremely easy to tell apart based on groinal colouring and bar patterns?
Skink number two is not a water skink as someone else said but a member of the Egernia genus. Skink 3 and 4 are E.freri as someone said.

The scrubbie is a scrubbie, the small eyed is a small eyed.

thank you for the correction.. the barred frog was located in jimna state forest i saw quite a few of them. i think a giant barred frog? i was in another area were there were a few fleays barred frogs and they were different (size+markings) to my eye anyway im still working on identifying species (obviously) :). and the northern barred frogs up here are different again.

thanks to everyone else for the comments, greatly appreciated :D

Yep my dad has just gotten home and seconded the Giant Barred frog. (Mixophyes iteratus). I was going off that it was further North as I have only seen one or two individuals of each Northern species and am not as comfident in id for them. All the barred frogs are quite distinct once you have seen a few or when you see them side by side you seem to be getting the hang of it already.

That jungle is STUNNING! I love it!! I'd love to see more jungles if you find any in the future.

I've seen HUGE skinks, too :) One at a golf course in sydney that was exactly like the one you posted (except multicoloured) and it was about a foot long.

yeah it was stunning!
i got my drive off my old laptop back yesterday and came across this picture. its a bad photo but was taken a couple of years ago when i first got to australia.. didn't know anything about snakes but this was the first one i saw in the wild, pretty sure it was a jungle now and he was green and black. is this common? i dont really know much about their colouring and patterns etc, still learning everything.
100_4144.JPG

was found on the atherton tablelands pretty close to atherton itself.

looking at the barred frog it's definitely a giant barred frog. The easiest distinction between most of the barred frogs, is the colour of the iris, the iteratus has a golden colour in the upper half of the eye as your picture beautifully shows.

Good photos, nice work

Some grat photos and good finds there like the wild monitors and jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back