Water Python (Anubis) - photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midol

Reaction score
Thought I'd throw up some photos of my WP now that I have a decent camera.

Please note that even though I now own a DSLR that does not mean I can use it. These were taken on the first day I had it so don't expect anything amazing.

tongue-s.jpg

Large Version

She is checking out my dog here:
Anubis_peering-s.jpg

Large Version

anubis_rock-s.jpg

Large Version

No full body shots as I am attempting some of those tonight - last night she was being a PITA and wouldn't stop moving towards me so hopefully she is a bit more chilled tonight.

btw, any snake photographers who want to share advice go ahead. I am shooting with a D600.

gorgeous python =] im sure theres many amazing photos to come!

I can't wait to get my WP and Olive too later this year
Great pics

Beautiful snake there, and don't knock your photos. They look pretty damn good. The first and last pics get my vote for favourites. Nothing wrong with the 2nd but I love head shots.

Thanks guys.

She's almost 4 now I believe.

She's quite a character. As soon as we get home she is racing around watching us and takes an interest in the dog occasionally. Sometimes I open the cage up but she acts up and strikes which scares the crap out of you if you're walking past. When she is doing it you can just reach out and grab her and she doesn't care though.

Another I just took. Damn flash means her eyes reflect but I don't have anything else to use just yet.

Anubis001-s.jpg

Large

I love the Water Pythons, wow yours is beautiful :D
I just got a hatchling and she is awesome, loves to bite me though haha

Beautiful, this species is really growing on me, only a matter of time before I cave!

Great pics, love the tongue shot. Wps are great, they've got a bad rep but my little girl is really good, even lets me pat her under the chin.

Just give in Vamp, you know you want to :p.
Yeah mine has settled down pretty quickly. Only about three months of handling once a week or so.

Very nice , is she NT local by any chance?

Yeah, she is.

Thanks guys.

She's almost 4 now I believe.

Where did you get her?

Snake Ranch.

Beautiful, this species is really growing on me, only a matter of time before I cave!

Cave.

Just give in Vamp, you know you want to :p.
Yeah mine has settled down pretty quickly. Only about three months of handling once a week or so.

Yeah mine was nippy at first but tbh you can't even feel them bite initially. It got my brother on the face once at around 1 then my mums wrist at about 2.5 and no bites since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back