DIY branches?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khagan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, anyone made or use an alternative to branches that would be suitable for large morelia? Trying to think of something else to use instead of having to resort to taking branches from somewhere.

Lol you guys are funny. I use dowel. You can get some pretty thick ones. The only thing I don't like about it though is that there's not a lot of texture so they slip on it a little

Lol you guys are funny. I use dowel. You can get some pretty thick ones. The only thing I don't like about it though is that there's not a lot of texture so they slip on it a little

Dowel that could support the weight of an adult morelia is really expensive isn't it?

I don't remember it being prohibitively expensive but I haven't bought any for a while. The PVC idea is good too. I've seen pics and they look really good

for my larger morelia i use long shovel handles cut to size, can pick them up pretty cheap at bunnings, i find the best way to do it is replace the handles on your shovels, the older ones are a little rougher and look a little better than dowel, and then use the old ones in your enclosure

Yeh I saw that Scales & Tails article too, and I'm going to be using that for my BHP's. Bonus is that it also doubles as a hide... I have seen thick bamboo used really effectively

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back